3

Growing up people always talked about how great it was to have a mate. How the tingles would dance across your body, your heart already beating in sync with theirs.

They talked how you would stare into each others eyes for hours, never getting tired or bored of the trance. The butterflies in your stomach. How you become one with each other.

But no one tells you about when the butterflies die. How it feels when he plunges his hand into your stomach and crushes every individual butterfly. How the look of disgust on his face as he looks into your eyes. How the tingles turn into stab wounds as rejection rings through the air. How your heart seems to lose its rhythm.

I don't believe anything was wrong with me, I am an average wolf's daughter. I trained hard, I was no means the best fighter but, I was not weak.

Though to him, it you were not the best, you were last.

Looking into his beautiful blue eyes I flinched at the harsh glare directed to my green eyes. A crowd had formed around us in the hallway.

I still felt the tingles in my shoulder where he had bumped me. He stood tall, he would be the Alpha in a few years, after graduation. I was supposed to be his Luna, but I knew by the look in his eyes, that was not going to happen.

I knew in that moment, he would never think of me in the way that I have dreamed of him in the last two years.

I had a crush on the alpha. I prayed the moon goddess to allow me the gift of being his mate.

The cruel joke she has played on me.

A growl rumbles through Jacob's chest. Soon the words follow behind. "I, Jacob Alex Neal, soon to be Alpha of the Stone bridge pack, reject you as my mate and Luna of this pack." I gasp as I hit my knees grabbing my heart, tears streaming down my face.

"Dont be a pussy, accept it." He growls out. I hear other people agree with him.

"I-I," I'm interrupted by a sob as it rocks through my chest. The pain was to much, like I was being stabbed in the heart over and over, with each breath I took in.

I take in a deep breath as he rolls his eyes.

I swallow harshly, he growls as he then kicks me in the stomach taking my breath away.

"I accept- I accept your rejection," I wheeze as I keep my eyes to the floor as I hold my stomach.

My poor wolf, Sinia, howls in pain. My lip trembles. The bell rings. The students including my mate clear the halls leaving me alone in the hallway.
*

My eyes open as I blink rapidly. I groan as I grab my head, the throbbing has started.

I slowly sit up as I roll my shoulders, rolling my dream off as well.

I groan again as I force myself to stand from my bed. Bits of memories from last night run through my head, one sticking out the most.

Gold eyes.