12

I follow Decker down the hallway of the unfamiliar packhouse. A couple of the people cast me glares as we walk by, causing Decker to grab my hand and pull me closer. I glare at our hands, but I can't seem to force myself to pull away, enjoying the warmth. 

We reach a door, and Decker opens it revealing an office, inside is Colt, Destiny and Alpha Cason. We walk in, and I spot Cason eyeing me skeptically, of course, I hold eye contact, I'm not one to back down from a challenge. Maybe past me, but she died, when the witches brought me back to life; I promised myself never again, will someone walk over me.  I smirk when he glares at me for a second before looking away.

"I am here to help you, Cason. I do not appreciate you glaring at my mate," Decker grumbles, causing Cason's eyes to widen as his face turns dark red. I see Colt smirk at the Alpha's uneasiness. 

"My apologies, shall we?" Cason states as he walks behind the desk, He seems thrown off about the mat thing, his body is stiff, and his posture is not durable like when we first walked in. With that, everyone's face goes blank as we seem to all enter business mode. "My mate, Maya was taken on her way home after reading to the children at our orphanage, it was dark, the way home is straight through the pack, nowhere near the boundary line," Cason explains as he shows us the way on the map. I examine it and nod my head. It isn't far from the packhouse; of course, it looks safe. 

"Normal rogues wouldn't be able to get in and out undetected, but," I state as I look at Cason as I cross my arms. "A level 5 bounty hunter could," I explain, as I point to the small area of woods beside the trail she would have taken home. Levels labeled bounty hunters, level one being the lowest and level five being the highest, this way it is easier to make sure we don't lose rogues to dangerous bounties. "If they were skilled, this would be where she would have been taken, was there anything left behind?" I ask Cason to which he shakes his head.

"No, everything was clean, no trace, like she vanished." 

I look to Decker to see him and Colt in awe. My eyes widen as I realize I have taken over. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm used to working alone," I say with a nervous laugh as my cheeks and forehead burn red. I smooth over my eyebrow in embarrassment. I'm sure I look like an idiot, I'm a rogue acting like I'm over the royals. 

"No, Sin, you got this." Colt encourages with a smile and nod of his head. I look back at Cason. Still, a little thrown off from embarrassment. 

"I would go look, but by now any evidence is gone, I'll keep an ear open to see if any high bounty hunters are hunting Lunas," I explain, and Cason nods in relief, seeing him start to have a little faith in me causes my ego to rise slightly and my embarrassment to fade away. 

"Are there a lot of level 5 hunters?" Cason as and I laugh. Being a level five is rare; we mostly get dangerous kills like Royal warriors or Alpha's and Beta's.

"Oh no, maybe ten? most are level two and three." I explain, An ache forms in my chest when I remember now there are only nine ever since she happened. I push the thoughts of her away, out of my mind.

"There isn't much we can do here. We need to leave and go to the earliest kidnapping sight," I say, looking at Decker, who nods in agreement. 

"Colt and I will call around, and we can leave tomorrow morning," Destiny says more so to Decker than me. Decker nods before looking at me. The way he looks at me makes me miss the way my heart would skip a beat; it makes me sick; knowing my heart never had the chance of jumping at the sight of Decker. Instead, it was wasted on Jacob. Now I would love to kill Jacob and her for what they both robbed from me. 

"Well, I thank you for stopping by," I break eye contact and look at Cason and smile at the gratefulness in his eyes. "I know she is alive, our mate bond is still intact," Cason states, determined, and I nod. 

We leave from the office and head to our rooms to sleep to be ready for the morning.

Decker and I walk into our shared room; he immediately grabs a pillow from the bed and a blanket from a small basket next to the other door. I watched him with confusion as he puts the cushion on the couch and lays down.

"Decker?" I call out, and I resist smirking as I see him slightly shiver at my voice. He then looks to me expectantly. "What are you doing," I could have taken the couch, or we could have shared the bed, though I don't voice my thoughts. I don't want him knowing how the idea of sharing the bed with him excites me. 

"I'm sleeping on the couch; I figured sharing a bed would make you uncomfortable since you are still getting used to the mate thing."  I resist smiling and blushing at Decker's thoughtfulness, though not being able to take the sweet gesture, I let my demented humor slip out and ruin it. 

"Or," I start to suggest causing a hopeful look to cross Decker's face before he masks it. "You can drop the mate act, and we can share the bed in more ways than one," I say with a slight smirk as I bite my lip. My body becomes hot as my body gets a little too excited at my own words. I start to imagine Decker's body on mine, caressing every inch of my body, kissing my lips, and working his way down to my neck.

"Or," Decker starts copying my tone, "You can accept we are mates, and we can share that bed and any other bed we occupy in more ways than one."

My body warms up even more at the thought of having sex in more beds than one. I tilt my head at him. I swallow the lustful thoughts down as my insecurities bubble to the surface slightly, why does the king want me to believe I am his mate so bad. "Why, why do you want me, why do you want me to believe I'm your mate so bad, Decker." 

Decker raises one eyebrow. "Why do you want to have sex with me Sin, but you can't accept that I am your mate." I bite my lip at Deckeres question, I mean it is a dumbass question, it's facile to ask who wouldn't want to sleep with the king.

"Well, I think having sex with the king would give me major street cred," I state with a slight laugh causing a light-hearted smile to take over Decker's lips.

"I guess having sex with a kick-ass rogue would give me nice bragging rights." I bite my lip at Decker's playful banter, it made him even more attractive, and I could feel my self falling in every way. 

"Then share this bed with me, Decker," I whisper breathlessly, not sure how this conversation became so lustful, so needing. How I suddenly felt light; this small conversation made me feel like I am alive, like my heart is beating. My fingertips seem to tingle, and I bite my lip as Decker's eyes wander my body before meeting my eyes again, lust is sweet-talking him too.

"Are we going to be sharing every bed, Sin, in every way." 

Every part of my body begs me to say yes, to foolishly accept this connection, to accept him as my mate. I can't fall like that again; taking Decker would cause me to fall from higher heights, and I can not allow that, not again, I will not survive again.

"No, just this one," I whisper almost brokenly as I beg him with my eyes to let this mate pull go and to only listen to the lust that is sweet-talking us both. 

"Then no, you are my mate Sin, not a one night stand." He states, determination speaking louder than the lustful whispers. With that, lust leaves the room as I turn silently and climb into bed. 

*********************

Whew, writing romance scenes is so hard! I hope this was good and not forced if it was forced I'm sorry!!

Thoughts?

Don't forget to vote comment and follow!!!!

until next time!!