Chapter 35 ~ Zayn

Chapter 35 ― Zayn

We walked away from Alan going to backstage and I had this stupid grin on my face. The simple thought of Mila put me always in a better mood and I thought I handled the situation very well. I didn’t exactly help her as I didn’t do anything to get her a deal with a publisher, but maybe she would become more popular and that, eventually, would get her a deal.

I was walking ahead. We smashed the first live Alan Carr’s interview. It was an honour for us to be the first guest to a new kind of show, I really liked Alan though Harry was always reluctant to talk to him as it seemed like Alan was keen to embarrass him the most. Although that night he managed it perfectly as he was the one making jokes about himself. Probably he learnt that from Mila and Moni who were so used to bully each other and bully themselves as well.

I was about to go sit but someone grabbed me by the shoulder and made me turn around aggressively. Before I could see who it was, someone pushed me against the closest wall. “Do you realise what you just did?” Harry spat surprising everyone, my eyes widened and I was speechless. “Tell me! Do you realise? Do you realise the fucking mistake you made?” He asked me and I was utterly shocked.

“Wha-what do you mean?” I questioned looking with my eyes for the other lads, trying to understand what Harry was talking about, but all of them were looking at me severely.

“You know what I mean! You did what you weren’t supposed to do. What has Mila told you? She didn’t want your help, she didn’t want her writing to be connected to you! You arsehole!”

My eyes shot open, I couldn’t follow him and Harry realised this. He stepped back, visibly frustrated by the situation and Louis had to grab him by the arm and try to calm him down. The curly-haired boy was really mad but I was still shocked and confused.

Liam stepped forward and came to me, looking at me concerned and a bit disappointed, but I didn’t see anything wrong with what I did. “I don’t understand,” I told him and he shook his head lightly.

“You shouldn’t have said that, Zayn,” Liam said calmly. “Mila’s been very clear about how she doesn’t want you to help her with that. She wants to succeed by her own means but now you have influenced on that. Many girls will read her because you told them to do so. You think she’s gonna be happy about it?”

Just then I started to consider that maybe I had made a mistake.

“You think she’s gonna be mad?” I asked and Harry snorted a few steps away. Louis still was trying to calm him down. “But— I— I thought— I didn’t think it was a bad thing.”

“I know that, Zayn, but you should’ve thought more thoroughly about it. It wasn’t a smart move,” Liam replied with his hand on my shoulder, a sympathetic look on his face.

“I need to call her,” I said stepping away and looking for my mobile in my pocket. I— I made a mistake and… Oh shit, Liam was right and I could understand why Harry was so mad. I had done what Mila asked me not to. I was a complete idiot.

But I had to be positive, maybe everything was going to be alright at the end. Things were going to be fine.

I left my band mates behind and dialled her number, but she wasn’t picking up and I started to get worried. Maybe she was mad already, maybe she didn’t want to talk to me. When I heard someone answering the call, relief took over my body, until I heard her severe voice.

“Mila doesn’t wanna talk to you now, so don’t call her,” Moni said and I had never heard her like that. I could feel the anger in her voice and it sent shivers down my spine.