Chapter 4 ~ Mila

Chapter 4 ― Mila

As soon as I opened my eyes I regretted drinking so much the night before. My head throbbed and everything seemed so bright it hurt. I groaned and rolled on my bed trying to get even more under the covers, but soon I felt someone taking a seat next to me. “Take these. You’ll feel better.”

That was my best friend’s voice and I smiled mentally —because externally I could only groan— as I pulled my head out of the sheets to see her. Moni was smiling and holding a mug with what I hoped was hot black tea. “On the nightstand you have some aspirins and water. Drink it all before the tea, you need to rehydrate if you wanna get better from that hangover,” she reminded me and I nodded ever so slowly. Every movement made everything so damn painful.

“Thanks,” I mumbled trying to sit straight on my bed. She helped me knowing that I was a complete failure as human being when I woke up from a night clubbing. For that and so many other reasons it was why I loved her so much. She knew me better than no one else and she was always taking care of me. We had each other and I was totally okay with that. “What time is it?” I asked swallowing the two white pills and drinking all the water in the glass.

“Past noon. I’m gonna prepare lunch and you can come with me to the kitchen so you can tell me everything. When I picked you up at the club you were really moody. Something wrong?” The brunette inquired handing me the mug with English Breakfast Tea. The best thing to wake up.

I remembered the night before and why I was moody. It was all Zayn’s fault and his big egotistical being. I wasn’t a piece in his game, if he wanted someone to help him to forget about Alex, he could find that someone as far away from me as possible. Yeah, he could be funny and I didn’t have a bad time with him at the club, but he needed to learn that he wasn’t the centre of the universe. I truly hated those people whose egos were bigger than the whole Solar System.

“Zayn is an arsehole. That’s what happened. I was trying to be nice and giving him an advice and he just took me like I was something to be used. No! I’m not!” I complained too loud and my head almost killed me as revenge.

Moni furrowed her brow and looked at me for a few seconds. “And why would that be?”

“He’s head over heels for Alex and I just told him he had to get over her, but he just assumed that I was there to help him out. Me? Like I was going to be his rebound or whatever. I don’t care if he’s famous or the most desired man on Earth, I’m not a toy,” I lectured holding my mug closely to me and then taking a sip of my dear drink.

“Famous? Wait, am I missing something important here?” Moni really looked confused and for a second I allowed myself to chuckled. Sure thing, I regretted it.

“Yeah, he’s from this band you also like, One Direction,” I explained offhandedly.

“I can be his rebound. I don’t care. He’s hot!” I laughed and I really hated my friend for making me laugh when I was with such a horrible hangover.

“I agree on that point. He’s hot, but he’s not worth it. He’s a dick.”

She grinned mischievously and waggled her eyebrows. “I’m very tolerant, I can deal with that.”

“Stop it! You make me laugh and I can’t do that! I have a hangover!” I recriminated her after I chuckled again. She just smiled and I shook my head slowly trying to avoid more pain. That was why I had to avoid drinking rum, it always gave me the worst hangovers ever. I didn’t know why I decided to go with that the night before. Again, it was Zayn’s fault.

+ + + + +

“Alex is calling you. Should I tell her that you’re extremely busy making my cupcakes?” Moni asked me from her seat in the middle of our not-so-small kitchen. I was concentrated, really concentrated on making these cupcakes. Those damn things always needed so much work, but they were worth it.