043

Chapter forty three
Tobey's Visit
July 31st 1965
Lucy's POV:
There was a knock at the door. I went to the front door and there stood Tobey. Who I hadn't seen in such a long time. "Tobey." I said. "Hey, Luce. How've you been?" "I've been good." I instantly felt bad that I had lost touch with Tobey over the year. So much had happened and I should've kept in touch with him. I told him to come inside and I gave him a hug. "It's so good to see you." I said to him. Tobey hugged me back and said "I've missed you. It's been pretty different without you around. You think you'll come back to the pub?" He pulled away and I said "Honestly, I have no idea." "Where's Ringo? A sigh left my lips and I said "on tour. It's been really hectic without him. I've been taking care of January and everything." Tobey furrowed his eyebrows and I realized he didn't know. "Ringo and I have a little girl. Would you like to meet her?" He nodded and I led him into the nursery. Gizmo ran into the nursery and sat next to her crib. Tobey gasped and said "oh my god." January looked up at Tobey and I said "wanna hold her?" He nodded and picked her up. "She looks like you." He said. I watched January's eyes take in Tobey's face. She was looking for her daddy. "Ringo's on tour, you said?" "Yes. It's just been me and the baby." Gizmo let out a growl like he understood what I said. I shook my head and said "and gizmo." The dog then left the room and Tobey said "it's been so long." "I apologize. Everything's been crazy. The boys have so much popularity now. How's the pub?" Tobey set January back in her crib and said "it's doing alright. It'd do better if you were there. You could come back once a week." I shrugged and said "I'll think about it. I'll have to talk with Ringo. He should probably be aware of it." Tobey nodded and said "that's understandable. She's so cute." January cooed and played with the toys in her crib. "She is, isn't she?" I said. Tobey gestured to the house and said "wanna give me a tour?" I nodded and said "sure." I began to show him around the large house. Tobey looked at everything in shock. I didn't mean to lose touch with him but things happened. Brian must've sent him our information since he probably didn't know what was going on. And Brian, being the nice person that he is, sent the information so Tobey was informed. "Are all of their houses like this?" Tobey said. "John's is the biggest. And he has a little boy. Julian. He's adorable." I replied. "Kids are something else. I haven't really been around them that much but they always seem to take a liking to me. It's pretty weird." "It sure is. You're the first stranger that's held January and hasn't made her cry. The first time Paul held her, she cried. Then he made a funny face or something and she stopped. I think Ringo and Paul are her favorite." I said. Tobey chuckled and said "probably. And you have a dog now." "Yes. Gizmo was a gift when Ringo and I first moved into this house. We've only been here a few months. We lived in his flat for a while. Then when I got pregnant and the band was getting bigger, John suggested we buy a bigger house. Since we were having a child." Tobey nodded and said "well, I came to check up on you. Give me a call at the pub every once in a while." "I'll let you know what I decide." He nodded and made his way out of the house. I locked the door behind him and the phone rang. I rushed over to it and said "Ringz?" "Hey, love." He said. I smiled at his voice and said "where are you, now?" "Uhm....George, where are we?" "New Jersey!" George yelled. "We're in New Jersey." "What's it like?" "New York's better." "I miss you." I said. Ringo sighed and said "I miss you too. How's Jan?" "She misses her daddy. And guess who visited today?" "Who?" "Tobey." "How is Tobey? It's been some time." "He's good. He wants me to come back to the pub. He said I could sing once a week. I told him I'd have to talk to you about it first." I said. "I think you should wait till I get back. I'll be back soon. At least where I can come visit. We're supposed to be in Europe in a week I think. So I'll come see you and January then." He said. "Richard, that's great! Gosh, I miss you. I know I already said that but, I miss you." "I miss you too, love. It's lonely in this hotel room. And boring." "How are the fans?" I said. Ringo groaned and said "crazy. And they're nowhere near as pretty as you. And they throw themselves at me. I deny them every time. I miss everything about you. Especially your body." I giggled and said "that's naughty, Ringo." "Yeah, well. I'm struggling without you." "So am I." I said. January began to cry and Ringo sighed. "I guess you have to go." "Yes. I think she's hungry." "I'll call you tonight. Wait by the phone for me?" "Of course. I love you." "I love you too." Ringo said. I heard the phone click on the receiver and walked to January's nursery.

-

I woke up to a phone ringing and grabbed it. "Hello?" "Lucy? Did I wake you?" Ringo said into the phone. "No." I quickly lied. "You sound like it. I'm gonna feel bad if I woke you." "I wasn't asleep." "Well, I need your help." "With?" "This problem that I have. It seems like everything I do, I can't get to a release. And I need you, Lucy. But you're miles and miles away. But I can call you up on the phone and you can help me out." I smirked at him and said "awe you need help?" "Obviously." "With what?" I asked playfully. "You know what. It's been killing me. And most men on tour sleep with girls. Not yours truly." He said. "What do you want me to do?" "I want you to do the same. You help me and I'll help you. With our little problems." I knew he was smirking over the line and I said "you're bad." Within a few minutes, moans and pants filled the phone. The two of us were desperate for release and it came rather quickly. "Did I help you?" I asked playfully. "Obviously. You were the only one that could." Ringo replied. "How was the show?" I said, changing the subject. "Fine. I've got real nasty blisters. You should see them." He said. I sighed and said "that's not good." "George has been helping me wrap them up. I keep them wrapped during the day and at night I take the wrapping off so I can play. But the way you do it is better." I smiled and said "I'm sure. I'm glad George is helping you. Tell the boys hi for me. I'm probably going to go back to sleep." "So, I did wake you." He said. I shrugged even though he couldn't see. "You did. But there's no one I'd rather be woken up by but you." Ringo sighed and said "you're tugging at me heartstrings, Luce." "I love you." I said. "I love you too. And kiss Jan for me, will ya?" "Of course." I replied.

The ending is weird??? And sorry I haven't been writing this. I got caught up in life and shit. Also I've been writing this book since 2018 and haven't finished it like that's so sad. Hopefully I'll finish it this year🙃🙃
~Skylar☁️❤️☁️❤️