05

Chapter fiveNew YearsDecember 1962, New Years EveRingo's POV:John and Paul had gotten a bunch of party decorations and George and I had to string them around the house while Paul and John got music

Chapter five
New Years
December 1962, New Years Eve
Ringo's POV:
John and Paul had gotten a bunch of party decorations and George and I had to string them around the house while Paul and John got music. John had invited a bunch of people and there was alcohol everywhere, people were going to get seriously drunk. "Ringo." George's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I said "yeah?" "Help me with this stupid banner." George said as he stood on a chair. I grabbed a chair, standing on it so we could hang it on the wall. John walked in and said "place looks great guys!" "Sure it does." George said sarcastically. John furrowed his eyebrows and said "what's up with you?" "Me? I didn't ask to put these decorations up you shite." George said. Paul shrugged and said "someone had to do it." "Yeah. The people who bought them." I said. "Enough. Just get down. People are going to start showing up soon." John said. George and I put the chairs back where they went. No later than ten minutes is when people began to show up. There was food and alcohol everywhere. Ten minutes later than that, the flat was crowded and I was sitting in a corner. "Ringo. Come here." George said. I walked over to him and he introduced me to a girl who's name I didn't catch. "Hi." I said to her. George pushed us together and we were forced to dance. I danced with her and she seemed to be having a good time. It's not that I wasn't having fun but I'd rather dance with someone else. Then people had formed a circle in John's flat. I walked away from the girl who said "hey!" I ignored her and pushed past people to see who was in the circle. My eyes widened as I saw John and Lucy doing the twist. George clapped as he ate a biscuit, Patricia sitting next to him. Paul smiled really big as John danced with Lucy, her grin spreading from ear to ear. Out of jealousy I walked into the kitchen and got a drink, downing it. Then did another one. "Ringo." George said. I turned and he said "I saw the way you looked at her." I snorted and said "who?" "Lucy. Duh." "You didn't see anything." George nodded and said "I did. I see the way you look at her. You like her." Cheers were heard as John and Lucy continued to dance together and I sighed. "Why don't you get her? Take John's place? You start doing the twist with her." "Should I?" George nodded and began to push me towards the circle. "Wait. George." He continued to push me and I was standing next to the people who stood in the front of the circle, watching the two of them dance. George pushed me a little and said "go." I stepped into the circle, John giving me a questioning look. I took Lucy's hand and spun her into my chest. Her eyes slightly widened and when she saw it was me she smiled really big. She stepped away from me and went to do the twist. John had lost interest, walking away from the scene as Paul followed him. "Yeah! Alright!" George said. Everyone continued to watch the two of us twist. Eventually we just danced goofily in the circle. Then the attention slowly went off of us. I pulled Lucy into my chest and she giggled. "Hi." She said. "Hi." I replied as I wrapped my arms around her waist. Lucy put her hands on my shoulders and said "this is really fun. And I'm happy to see you. You're so sweet to me." I chuckled and tried not to blush at her words. George was dancing with Patricia, swinging her around to the song. I led Lucy off the dance floor and to the kitchen, to get a drink. Lucy had a few drinks, it was New Years. Why not? Time seemed to be going by so slow till midnight. "It's 11:30! Thirty minutes!" Paul yelled. The entire flat cheered in response and Lucy hiccuped from the drinks. I shook my head as I took another shot. "Woah." I said. Lucy laughed and said "you're so drunk right now." "So are you." "No. Actually I'm not." Lucy slurred. I smirked. She was drunker than I was. She was gone. I winked at her and she got into a laughing fit.

Lucy swayed her hips to the song playing in the room

Lucy swayed her hips to the song playing in the room. "Lucy." I said, trying to get her attention. She was too busy dancing and I was admiring her. John stumbled into me as he was trying to make his way into the living room. "Don't stare too long, she'll pull you in." John said. I furrowed my eyebrows and said "what's that supposed to mean?" John shrugged and walked into the living room. "Lucy." I said to her. I grabbed her by her waist and she looked at me. "Ringo. Have I ever told you how handsome you are?" I quickly blushed and then realized she was drunk and didn't mean what she was saying. "No. You've never told me that." "Well you are. You're so freaking handsome it drives me crazy." I half smiled and slowly felt myself coming back into reality. Lucy stepped away from me and lost her footing. I immediately caught her and she stared up at me. "You alright?" I asked her. Lucy nodded and said "yes. Thank you. I'm sorry." I let go of her and she smoothed out her skirt and fixed herself. "Guys! Let's do the countdown!" Lucy giggled drunkenly and said "Ringo, come on!" She pulled me to the window where fireworks were going to go off. "10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1!" Everyone yelled. "Happy New Year!" Paul yelled. George screamed as he picked Patricia up and spun her around. John wrapped his arm around Paul who was laughing. Lucy looked at me and said "it's the new year. And you know what that means?" I shook my head and she said "you're going to be my new years kiss." My eyes widened and I said "me? Are you sure? I mean there's plenty of other guys-" Lucy cut me off and pressed her lips to mine. I kissed her back and our lips moved in sync. She pulled away and I stared at her in shock. She leaned her head on my chest and wrapped her arms around me. I wrapped my arm around her and George gave me a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes at him and looked down at Lucy who was staring up at the fireworks. There wasn't a word that I could give you that could explain what I was feeling in this moment.

Hope you guys liked this!!
~Skylar🍒☁️🍒☁️