010

Chapter ten
Rain, rain, rain
April 4th 1963
Lucy's POV:
I was working late at the bar with Tobey. It had been storming all day and night. "You want me to help you close?" I asked him. He shook his head and said "you get home. I'll be fine." I grabbed my jacket and realized I had walked today. "Great." I mumbled. I stepped out of the pub and began walking home in the pouring rain. I was about ten to fifteen minutes from my flat but the rain was relentless, falling down like someone was pouring a bucket of water over my head. As I turned the corner a car pulled up next to me. I stopped and the window was rolled down, Ringo was on the passenger side and he said "you need a lift?" "Yes." I said rather quickly. He scooted over and I got inside his car, the air conditioning inside making me cold. "Thank you. And how did you know it was me?" Ringo said "I remember your purse. You're the only one who has it." I rolled my eyes playfully and he began driving to my flat. I sighed and he said "I'm guessing you walked today." "Yep. It's freezing." I said. Once we arrived at my flat I went to get out when Ringo stopped me. He took off his coat and got out of the car, opening the passenger door for me. I got under his coat which he held over my head, shielding me from the rain. We got out of the rain and he was sopping wet. "Oh, Ringo. I feel bad." He shrugged and wiped some rain off his face. I went to unlock the door and I turned around and looked at the wet boy. Courage was bubbling inside me and I said "do you wanna come in?" He nodded and said "sure." He followed me inside and I closed the door. I took off my wet jacket and I said "I could dry your clothes for you." "That'd be nice." "I still have your shirt so you could change into that." He nodded and I said "let me grab it and then you can change." He nodded again and I got the t-shirt that I had for a while. He held it out in front of him and I said "I'm gonna change. You can change out here. Wait, are you ok with not wearing pants?" He looked down at himself and said "I think so. Me boxers aren't wet." I giggled and he said "what?" "You're cute." I continued to giggle and I went into my bedroom and quickly changed. As I walked out, Ringo was peeling off his button down shirt. I noticed that I was staring at his shirtless form and quickly adverted my eyes. I went to grab his wet clothes when I slipped on the tile, I felt Ringo's hands on my waist, not letting me fall. "You ok?" He asked me. I nodded as I looked up into his blue eyes. "Yeah." He helped me stand up and I still had ahold of his shoulders. He was wearing a necklace and I traced it. "It's pretty." I said. "Yeah? You like it?" I nodded and said "I can take your clothes now." He handed me his pants, coat and button up shirt. He slid the t-shirt on his body. I took his clothes to the dryer along with my wet clothes and he said "so you're back at work?" I nodded and said "yeah. I ended up taking a week off. It really helped me. And I think you were apart of that. You've always helped me." He shrugged and said "I want you to be happy." I blushed and said "well, if you're tired you can come with me. In the bed if you want." He nodded and the two of us slipped in the bed, since spring hadn't kicked off yet it was still pretty cold, since we were in the rain. "Hey, Ringo?" "Yeah?" "You mind if we cuddle? I'm freezing." "Sure. I don't mind." Ringo grabbed me by my waist and pulled me close to him, our chests touching. A small chuckle left my mouth and his arms tightened around my waist. "You're so warm." I muttered. "You're really cold. That's why I'm here." I buried my face into his chest and he leaned his head on mine. "Hey, Luce?" I blushed at the nickname and said "yeah?" "You won't get weirded out or anything if I ask you something? Will you?" I shook my head against his chest and said "no." "Do you think, maybe, I don't know." I looked up at him and said "what is it?" He looked at me with a face like he was trying to ask something but didn't know how to word it. "It's ok. Don't be nervous." I said as I shifted my body. Ringo bit his lip and said "that's the problem. It's hard to not be nervous when I'm around you." "Ringo, what is it?" "Would you like to go on a date? With me?" I nodded and said "I'd love to." He smiled really big and said "really?" I nodded and "yes." "I know it was kinda weird to ask you while I'm cuddling you but-" "It was really cute." I interrupted him. A soft chuckle came from Ringo and I smiled.

George's POV:
I ran into Patricia by accident as I was out, no that's a lie. I saw her and smoothly made my way over, to ask her out. If I could just get the courage to. We were currently walking back to her flat. "I'm glad we beat the rain." I said as it began to pour. She nodded in response and opened the door to her flat. I followed her in and said "you have anything to eat here?" She gestured to her pantry and I rummaged through it, looking for something. I found some cookies and said "hey, Patricia, I wanna ask you something." "What's up?" She asked. "I had this thought and I wondered if maybe, you wanted to..." I didn't finish, I shoved another cookie in my mouth. Patricia chuckled and said "are you going to ask me something or eat cookies?" "I'll ask you when I'm done eating this one." I replied with my mouth full. Patricia put her hair up in a ponytail and said "George?" I nodded while swallowing the cookie I had just eaten. "Wanna go on a date?" I choked and Patricia's eyes widened. "Are you ok?" I nodded and got a glass of water, drinking it and trying to process what she had said. "Yeah. I wanna go on a date."  "Cool." "You know, I was going to ask you the same thing." I said to her. She smiled and said "awe were you? I was just going to come out and say it." "You're so different. I really like it." I said. Patricia said "that's good? That I'm different?" "Of course. So many girls are so basic and the same. I can't deal with it." Patricia grabbed a cookie from the box I had and said "so when are you taking me out?" "Tomorrow." Patricia nodded and said "great. Then it's set. It's a date." I nodded in response and said "yep."

Here's the update! The next chapter should be pretty chill. I'm trying to have filler chapters up until 1964, without making a huge time jump. So I hope you guys are liking where this is going.
~Skylar🍒☁️🍒☁️