[hwang hyunjin]

request: Can you do one where it's hyunjin x male reader? The plot can be where hyunjin shows m/n a pet fox he bought For the both of them. Love your book keep going! (from Osias_)

--

imagine getting a pet with hyunjin.

----

"You have to be quiet, okay?" Hyunjin whispers to the animal in a cat's travel cage. He bumps the front door shut with his hip, and he holds his breath when it closes louder than he expected. "YN can't know we're here."

The lights above Hyunjin's head flicker on. "I can't know who's here?"

Hyunjin freezes and stares at you like a deer in headlights. You lean casually against the doorframe with your arms crossed. He squeaks, "Nothing."

You hum, not believing him. "So what's in that cage?"

Hyunjin pouts and sighs frustratedly. "It was supposed to be a surprise, baby!"

"I'm sorry," you say quickly, unfolding your arms and coming to stand in front of him. You can't take it when he pouts. "Do you want me to pretend like I didn't know?"

"No," he huffs, "the secret's already out. C'mon, I'll show you." He takes one of your hands and leads you through the house to the back door.

He fumbles with the door, attempting to undo a two-handed lock with one hand.

You nudge him over and unlock it yourself. Hyunjin smiles widely in thanks and pushes open the door, stepping outside and setting down the cage gently.

He sits cross-legged next to it and lifts the latch—what he brings out has your heart melting.

"Say hello to our new pet," Hyunjin says softly.

Its disproportionately large ears twist and turn as it looks around, eventually laying its eyes on Hyunjin and you. It watches you and lets out a bark like a dog, but significantly higher in pitch.

"A fennec fox? Have you named it?" You crouch next to Hyunjin. Now you know why Hyungjin kept refusing to let you open one of the cupboards in the garage—it must be full of things for the fox.

"Not yet," Hyunjin says. "Do you have a name?"

You're quiet as you think, and after a moment, you suggest a name.

Hyunjin's smile grows larger. He repeats the name and nods in satisfaction.

Hyunjin giggles at the animal, who wiggles around in his arms. "Welcome home, little fox."