Chapter Eleven

Warnings: a little smut

A small smile spread on my lips as I saw my reflection on the mirror in front of me, staring at the beautiful gown that I was wearing. The dress was pure white, which makes my brown skin pop up, which showed my shoulders and my back. In the fabric, it had a pattern that resembled Drogon's scales and around my waist, there was a silver chain, with small rubies engraved there.

Around my neck was a beautiful necklace that I asked the jeweler, that I saw one day on the market in Mirkwood, to make a necklace with three dragons head. It was all made with silver and on the dragon's eyes, there were red diamonds, shining brightly as a blazing fire.

My hair was down, with four braids on the back. Reminding me of my mother...Shaking my head, I wipe a small tear that had an escape from the eye and put a smile on my lips. Come on, Daenys! Be happy! You have a date with the most beautiful Lord in all Middle-Earth! Taking a deep breath, I walk out of my chambers, walking to where I will meet Glorfindel.

As I was walking down the hall, in the corner of my eye I saw two figures giggling. Turning my head, my eyes widened as I saw a gorgeous blond elleth, with her arms wrapped around Thranduil biceps, looking to him with lovely eyes and with her soft cheeks red. He leans down and whispers something to her ear, making the elleth going in a fit of giggles.

I feel my blood turning into liquid fire, my hands begin shaking from rage and jealousy. Bastard...And he tells me that Glorfindel is the womanizer!

I turn around quickly as I saw Thranduil leaning down and capture the elleth lips on his, and run to the gardens, with tears trying to escape from my vibrant violet eyes. My feet stop as I felt the cold night air hitting my lungs.

Lifting my head, I look to the moon with tears running down my cheeks. Why do I have to suffer? Did I've been punished enough?!

The sound of a stick breaking interrupted my thoughts, I turn my head to the side and saw Glorfindel walking to me with worry in his ocean blue eyes "Daenys?... What happened?" he asks as grabbing softly my hands. I look down, trying to hide my tears "Ahh...nothing...I just have something in my eyes." I lie, attempting to change the conversation.

Glorfindel let out a sigh and pull me into his warm arms, enveloping me in comfort "It's Thranduil, am I right?..." my body tense as I hear his name, feeling more tears running down, making Glorfindel shirt wet. I nod and push my face into his chest, wrapping my arms around his strong waist.

We stay like this for a while, he rubbing slowly my back as I was trying to calm myself down. After a while, Glorfindel moves his hand to my chin and lifts it, making my eyes met his "I will say this as a friend...You need to forget him. I know Thranduil for centuries and since he was a little elfling, he was trouble...and that got worse when his wife died." he says with a soft voice.

I close my eyes and nod, feeling an empty space inside me. He's right...I need to forget Thranduil...For the sake of my heart.

A small smile appears on my face "Thank you..." I whisper softly to him, Glorfindel nods and wipe with his thumb the remain tears on my eyes "No need to thank me...I told you that I was here for you whenever you needed." my smile grows and I pull him to a warm hug. He's really the only friend I have...

He took my hand and start leading me into the garden "Well... I wasn't counting with this beginning but I asked you to came here to offer you gift...and also to ask you something!" he said a while helping me sitting down beside a beautiful cherry tree.

I look to him with a confused face "A gift? You don't have to offer me anything, Mellon nin." I say softly, giving him a warm smile. He chuckles and takes a small black velvet box from his pocket, putting on my hands "This is an old heirloom of my House... I order to make some changing on it so it could resemble with your beauty but it's hard cause you are one the most beautiful maidens that my eyes have seen it..." a blush forms on my warm cheeks with his words, I open the velvet box and a gasp escapes from my lips.