Chapter Five

Hours have passed since I had arrived at my chambers and there is still no sign of the elven king. I've tried to escape from the room but there are guards on each side of my doors, a sigh escape from my lips. How in the hell am I going to help the dwarfs out? If only I could burn this all Palace to the groun-..What!? Daenys!? What I was thinking? Shaking my head, I took a deep breath and sit on the soft bed. As I was trying to form a plan, the guards open the doors for the King enter. Standing up, I gave him a little bow, he orders the guards to close the door and leave "I hope that you like your room." he said casually, a while walking around the room "Yes, my King. You are very kind to let me stay in this magnificent room." I answer him politely. He stops beside the window and looks to me with his nose high "Your welcome...Now, can you explain why you were traveling with a group of dwarfs?" fuck! What I will tell him? I can't tell him about the quest!

Reversing my gaze from his, I begin playing with my black cape "Ahh...Well...You see, I was on my way to Laketown when I saved them from an orc pack... and from there we travel together." I finish my lie and look to him, his face was telling me that he knew I was lying. My hands begin sweating, I've never been good at lying. My mother always told me to tell the truth, if I lie to my people then they will never respect me as they Queen. Suddenly, he was in front of me "Do not lie to me, Lady Daenys! I know that there is a quest to fulfill...A quest to reclaim the Lonely Mountain." he said calmly "Please! King..." "Thranduil." I nod thankfully "Please! King Thranduil! We do not wish to do any harm." I plead to him, hoping that he will let the dwarfs go. He sighs and walks to the window again "You do not know the risk that dwarf King is taking. He will wake the dragon and put several lives at risk!" Thranduil said firmly, I look down to the floor, knowing that he's right "But the dwarfs deserve their homeland, don't they? Thorin will kill the dragon before anything bad happens! I know he will..." I said with a determined voice, knowing that the dwarfs never will let anything bad happen to anyone.

Thranduil continues looking outside "I admire your trust in them but I will not let them go and neither you...Now, tell me about yourself, Lady Daenys. In my long life, I've never heard about a house or anyone with the name Targaryen." he asks a while sitting in the chair beside a wood table. Shit! What do I tell him now? I don't know if Gandalf wishes Thranduil to know about my old life! Taking a deep breath, "My family is from a place very far away from here. They live on island, having a peaceful and happy life while ruling their home...After my mother has died, I left home...feeling empty without her by my side. Since then I have been traveling around the world, meeting new people and cultures." as I finish, a tear falls down my cheek. Thranduil stands up and walks to me, giving me a handkerchief. I took it and thank him, cleaning my tears from my eyes "I'm sorry for your loss...I also know how it feels to lose someone dear." his voice was so soft, that it made my heartbeat for him.

Thranduil picks my hand and gave it a soft kiss "I will leave you be now, Lady Daenys. Rest well." with that leaves the room, leaving me alone, clutching tight his handkerchief and a blushing mess. Why do I feel this way? I've never felt like this for any man before!

The stress from before begin dying out and my body has become sore and tired. Lying down, I close my eyes and let sleep take over me, dreaming about him.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some days have passed, getting closer to Durin's day. The company is still in the dungeons except for Bilbo, that anyone don't where he is. I was walking down the hall, trying to find where the garden was. It's been a while since I felt the sun hit my skin, as I was turning around the corner, I hit something hard and soft at the same time. With the impact, I find myself sitting on the floor. I look up to apology to the person but they do that before I had the chance "I'm sorry, My Lady! I've should see where I was going." Thranduil's voice sounded in front of me, he offers me his hand and helps me stand up "It's okay, King Thranduil. I too should have seen where I was going." I say shyly. We stay for a while silence, making a little awkward. Thranduil cough a little "And where were you going, if I may ask?" he asks, looking down to me "Ahh... I looking for the garden, King Thranduil. But I think I'm lost." he chuckles a little "I see...Come! I will take you there." he says a while turning back and start walking, I begin to follow him in fast step, trying to accompany him.

After two long halls, we arrive in the garden. A small gasp falls from my lips as I look around me. It was beautiful. All the colors and shapes that I see, it was amazing! There must be more than a hundred species of flowers here, the air smelled like honey and cinnamon.

I close my eyes, feeling the sun warming my skin. Ohh, how I miss this. I hear Thranduil walking beside me "I see that you like the sun." his voice was sweet and soft. I open my eyes and look to him with a smile on my lips "Yes...Since I was a child, I always like it running down the field of grass and lie down there, letting the sun warm me." I sit down and put my hands behind me, watching the trees shake with the wind. Thranduil does the same at me, "Don't you have King's duties to do?" I ask him with a smirk, he chuckles "Nah, I will take a break and spend some time with you." a giggle escape from me as I look to him "Well I'm an honor, King Thranduil." he gave me a smile that made my face almost all red. God, Daenys! Get a grip!

After some hours talking and laughing at some jokes that I told him, a guard came running. He stops beside Thranduil "My King!! The Dwarfs have escaped!" as the guard said that Thranduil shot up from his seat "WHAT!! How did they get out?" the guard start explains to him that some halfling has stolen the keys and let them out "Get a group ready! Follow them and don't let them escape again!" with that the guard went running inside.

I stay silence, shocked that the company had left me behind. How could they leave me?! How could Bilbo let them leave without me? Thranduil turns to me "Are you okay?" he asks me softly, I nod "Yeah... I'm okay." he nods and grabs my hand, rubbing his thumb on my skin "Will you also leave?" he asks me, with an almost weak voice. I lift my head and stare to his ocean blue eyes "No...i will stay if you let me of course." I say with a sweet voice. His smile was so big that almost would break his face in two "Of course I let you stay! Come! Let's see what is happening." we turn and begin walking inside the Palace.

I will let them do what they want. If they don't want my help, then I let them die from stupidity!