Chapter Ten

Sitting on the chair between Elrond and Glorfindel, I pose my hands on my lap and look to the people, who were also sitting on the seats. I feel a warm hand rubbing my hand, looking up I saw Glorfindel giving a soft smile "Are you okay?" he asks, I nod and took a deep breath "Yes...just a little nervous." since a servant told me yesterday that it would be a meeting about my arrival to this world and I needed to be there, that my stomach is wrapped in a knot. I don't know why but I feel weird feeling about this. All a sudden the door open and Thranduil walks in, nodding to everyone who was in the room. He sits on His Throne and looks at me oddly, frowning as his eyes notice Glorfindel hand on mine, "Well, we are here to discuss...something important. Lady Daenys, if your mind can you explain better the last thing that you remember after arriving in Middle-Earth?" Thranduil asks me for a firm voice. My body tense as I remember my last events in Westeros, taking a deep breath, I look to him "Of course, King Thranduil...My last actions before I came here, was the funeral of my mother...I took her body after her lover had killed her when she got what was hers by right, the Iron Throne...Queen of the Seven Kingdoms...After that, I flew away with Drogon to our home, Valyria. Where the house Targaryen was formed." I took a deep breath, trying to contain my tears. Glorfindel gave a little squeeze on my hand, spreading a warm comfort through my body "There, I put her body on a stone bench with red roses around her...then I burned her, giving her a true Targaryen funeral. I spend all night watching her body turning to ashes...When the firsts sun lights begin showing, I and Drogon flew to Meereen, the only place I could still call home...and then all the sudden we were caught in the middle of a storm that leads us to Middle-Earth." when I finish my story, silence spread around the room. All elves in the room, except Elrond and Glorfindel that already knew about my story, were staring at me with a shocked look on their faces, I gaze to where Thranduil was and was met by pair of two ocean blue eyes full of sorrow and understanding. We stay looking at each other, almost talking with our eyes but an elf that was sitting by Thranduil, shot up from his seat "So...you are royalty? Why you didn't go back to the 'Iron Throne' ?" he asks with curiosity. I break my gaze from Thranduil and look to the elf "Because the Lords from Westeros don't want to see a woman sitting on the Throne... reigning the Seven Kingdoms, especially a Targaryen." I look down to my hands and start playing with Glorfindel fingers "Even if my mother had set free thousands of slaves and broke the wheel that rolls over rich and poor...she was a strong woman, that had led an enormous army and three dragons, to help the ones who needed....to bring peace to the seven kingdoms. But people didn't saw her like this, they thought that she was a monster, that would burn everyone and destroy everything that was in her way." a tear falls down my cheek, I couldn't contain them any longer. The memories of my mother hit me like a strong wave, how her soft touch felt on my skin...the sound of her laugh...how her violet eyes shined whatever we were flying with the dragons...I miss her so much.

My thoughts were interrupted by Elrond standing up "Well...I think this was enough! We could continue another day, right King Thranduil?" the elves in the room look to their King, that was still staring at me, "King Thranduil?..." the elf that was beside him, touch his shoulder with a worried look.

Thranduil shakes his head a let out a little cough, moving his gaze from mine "Ahh...yes, of course! The meeting is over!" he says a little disoriented. Everyone begins to stand from their seat and walk out of the room, Glorfindel gave his hand, helping me stand. I thank him and begin walking to the door but a strong hand grabs me by the arm "Wait! I need to talk to you...alone." I close my eyes as Thranduil let my arm go. Fuck! Can't I have some time alone!?

I nod and gave Glorfindel a help smile, he picks my hand and gave a small kiss "Go to the garden by midnight! I will be waiting for you there." he says as we walk out of the room, leaving Thranduil and me alone.

Turning around, I look to Thranduil with a serious face "What do you want to talk, King Thranduil?" he moves his gaze from the door and looks to me with a frown "Are you and Lord Glorfindel courting?" he asks all the sudden, making my cheeks red and my eyes widened "Why do you wish to know?" I ask quietly, turning my head to the other side, trying to avoid his stern gaze. He took a step forward and grab my hands "I only wish to protect you, Daenys. Lord Glorfindel is known to be a womanizer...Be careful." What the hell is he talking about?! Glorfindel is the only elf that was always kind and a gentleman to me. I would though that Thranduil is more a womanizer than Glorfindel.

Pushing my hands away from his "I thank you for the warning but I can take care of myself...Well if that was all, I will take my lea-" I was cut by Thranduil grabbing my neck softly and the crash is lips on mine, kissing passionately. A moan escapes from my mouth as Thranduil bite my lower lips, pushing his warm tongue inside my mouth. My body begins feeling like jelly, I wrap my arms around his neck and deep the kiss.

Suddenly the door shot open, making us push away from each other, I look back and saw Elrond staring at us with a huge smirk "Oh! I'm sorry!... I will let you two finish." with that he turns away and closes the door. Taking a deep breath I look to Thranduil with wide eyes "I..I..I'm going for a walk!" I say with a weak voice, running out of the room. What the hell was I thinking?! I should have pushed him away when his lips touched mine!

Entering my chambers, I jump to my bed, pushing my head into the pillow. I promise myself that I wouldn't fall for his charm! Turning my head to the side, look outside through the giant widow, seeing the trees shake with the wind and the birds chirping. Ahhh...What's going on with my life? A sigh falls from my lips, a small smile forms on my face as I remember my day with Glorfindel flying around in the Kingdom. How could Thranduil say those things about Glorfindel?! He's the only one that isn't afraid of me or Drogon...that sees me for who I am.

Pushing myself in sitting position, I look to my wardrobe. What should I wear tonight? And why Glorfindel invite there? Maybe he wishes to show me something or going for a ride at night, I must say that flying at night it's the most beautiful sight that you will see.

Walking to my bathroom, I prepare a warm bath with some oils and rose petals. Taking off my red gown, I enter in the huge bathtub. I rest my back on the wall and close my eyes, feeling scalding water on my skin.

My thoughts went to Thranduil, thinking about how his lips were so soft against mine. How his pearl white skin was so warm, so inviting to cuddle. I open my eyes and shake my head "Get a hold of yourself, Daenys!" I whisper to myself. Maybe I should give Glorfindel an opportunity. Yesterday we had so much fun, joking around and playing with Drogon. A small smile appears on my lips as I think how his beautiful blue eyes shine with life and how his smile could bring a pleasure warm on my body, spreading his happiness to me.

Relaxing again into the warm water, a contented smile on my lips. Enthusiastic to see Glorfindel tonight in the garden, to see his beautiful smile and his gold hair wave with the warm wind and shining with the moonlight. Hoping that he could make me forget Thranduil...