Chapter Six

Two days have passed since the company has left me behind. I still can't believe it that they left without me, even if Gandalf had said I was still part of the quest. A sigh falls from me as I was sitting on my balcony room, watching the trees sing with the wind. My stay here has been amazing, the elves were kind and always help me whatever I was lost in this huge Palace. I and Thranduil got closer, spending afternoons together in the garden. I'm not going to lie, I've fallen in love. He looks like a cold and heartless King but in reality, he is a kind and brave King, always worry with his kin and doing what's better for them.

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts, looking back to the door "Come in!" I say softly. The door opens and Thranduil walks in, with a serious face "What's wrong?" I ask a while a stand up from the sofa. He walks to my bed and sat down "The dwarfs have awakened the dragon...He's destroying the Laketown and my son is there!" his voice came out like a sob, I run to him and wrap my arms around his shaking form. He hides is the face on my neck, I could feel his warm tears on my skin. Rubbing my small hand on his back "Shh...It's okay...Legolas will be okay. He's a smart Ellon, he knows how to stay safe." I say softly to him, kissing his soft silver hair "I know...but I worry about him, I always had....I've been a terrible father.." he let out a small sob and wrap his arms around my waist. I continue calming him down, we lie down on the bed and stay there. Thranduil pushes away a little, so he could look to my eyes. He moves his hand to my cheek and rubs softly "Please...never leave me..." his voice was soft and sweet, full of love. I nod "I will never." he begins lean down his head, staying inch away from my lips, looking into my eyes asking for permission. I slowly nod and with that he crashes his lips into mine, kissing me softly.

The kiss was passionate, making a moan escape from me. We break away and look to each other, with huge smiles on our faces "Sleep now...Tomorrow we have much to do." he says softly a while closing his eyes.

After some minutes, I hear his breath become heavy, telling me that he's fast asleep. I get out from his arms and bed slowly, careful not wake him up, and walk to my wardrobe. I grab my travel clothes and change very quickly.

Stopping by the door, I look back to the sleeping form of Thranduil. I'm sorry...but I have to do this! I walk out of my chambers and went to the gardens, where is an entrance to a small clearing. As I arrive, I saw Drogon standing there waiting for me. Walking to him, I pet his warm snout "Hello, old friend." he starts purring, I chuckle a little and climb to his back, grabbing his spikes "Come on, Drogon! Let's show that stupid dwarfs of what you can do!" with that Drogon jumps in the air and flap his huge wings, flying us into the deep night.

                                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we arrive near Laketown, I saw a massive fire destroying all town. Fuck! How Thorin let this happen? I order Drogon fly higher in the air, to try spot Smaug. After some time looking, I saw him preparing to let out another blow in the town "It's showtime!" and with that Drogon dived down in the air.

As Smaug was about to let out his fire, Drogon grabbed him by his neck and bite off his skin. Smaug let out a loud cry "WHO ARE YOU?!" he screamed to me and Drogon, I look down at him and smirk "Your worst nightmare!" with that Drogon's feet grab his wings and took him high in the air. Smaug tries everything to break free from us but Drogon was much stronger than him, I look down to the town and saw that we were far enough to kill him. I grip tightly to Drogon spikes and yell on top of my lungs "DRACARYS!" and with that Drogon dumped all his fire into Smaug, melting his scales.

Smaug let a scream of pain "HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!? FIRE CAN NOT KILL ME!" he screams in agony, "You were made with dark fire! A while Drogon was made with pure fire." I said to him. Drogon stops and bites Smaug's neck again, tearing off his head.

I took a deep breath as Smaug's body falls into the lake. We did it! We save the town! I pet Drogon warm scales "You did good, my friend!" he let out a little roar. I chuckle, looking forward I saw the sun shining on the horizon, bringing light to all the land.

Suddenly I begin hearing little cheers far away, looking down I saw the town people applauding me and cheering for beginning alive. A small smile forms on my lips, a happy sensation run through my body. So this is how mother felt when she set free all the slaves.

I order Drogon to dive down and land on the shore. As he lands, people begin running to us, cheering and thanking me for saving them. Slowly, I climb down of Drogon back and as I got closer to the people, a little girl jumps into my arms, wrapping her little arms around my neck "Oh Thank you! Thank you!" she whispers to me. A smile appears on my lips and I wrap my arms around her small frame "Your welcome, little Lady!" all a sudden a girl, who looks older than this child, comes running towards us "TILDA! Don't disappear like that!" the little girl let me go and turn to the other girl "Sorry, Sister...But I wanted to thank your savior ...and also to see the dragon..." at the last phrase, I let out a loud laugh. I put my hand on Tilda's shoulder "If you want, you can pet him." at my words, her eyes shined like two little stars "Really??" she squealed, I nod and let her go to Drogon, who was lying down. She starts rubbing his snout and giggled when he let out his warm breath on her face.

Suddenly a tall man with long brown hair went to me "In all name of the people of Laketown, we want to thank you for saving us." he said a while giving me a little bow, I nod "Your welcome...and I'm sorry for not arriving early, like this Smaug didn't have destroyed half the town." I said with a soft voice. The man shakes his head and smiles at me "Do not worry, my Lady. We will rebuild a better place for us." I smile "Oh, by the way, my name is Bard." he says with an embarrassed voice. I chuckle and bow my head to him "Nice to meet you, Bard. My name is Daenys Targaryen and this is my friend Drogon." I point to Drogon, who was now playing with Tilda. My attention got caught by four small figures walking in my way, I look better and saw Kili Fili, Bofur and Óin standing there with guilty smiles. I walk to them "Well, well, well...What do we have here? Four little dwarfs, that were also left behind by the mighty Thorin?" I said sarcastically. They look down at the feet, Fili was the first to talk "We are sorry, Daenys...We shouldn't have left you behind but you know how Thorin is!... We are going now to Erebor. Do you want to come?" he says with a tired voice. A sigh left my mouth, I nod "It's okay, I forgive you...but not Thorin! And yes I will come with you." they all nod and turn back to walk to the little boat. I grab Fili shoulder "And where do you think are going?" I ask with a smirk, they stop and look at me with a confused look "To the boat. Why?" Kili said with a confused voice "Well...I have a better way to travel faster." I said a while looking to Drogon.

The four dwarfs went pale as I said that, I chuckle and wave them to follow me "Come on! It will be fun." I said a while walking to Drogon.

Oh boy! This will be fun.....And wait for me Thorin because I will have a talk with you!