Chapter 11- Syn (Edited)

Syn glanced around, trying to see they where they were in, because it was completely dark. She blinked her eyes a couple of times, adjusting them to the darkness of the room. She saw that they were in a basement of some sort, and there were a lot of weapons in the room, probably for torture or something like that.

A small frown flickered on her face, while she tensed her whole body. Syn didn't like the sight of all these weapons, not knowing if they were to be used on her or her brother. She glanced around, wondering if there was a way out if need be. Her frown deepened when she saw that there wasn't even another way out from what she could see. They were trapped, sadly.

"Why do you have so many weapons?" James asked. There was a bit of warning in his voice, while he placed a hand on her shoulder. James wanted to make sure that she was in seeing and reaching distance, because of all the weapons.

Syn sighed with relief, glad that her brother was there with her, knowing that she didn't have to go through this alone. She looked at Razul, who had closed the portal behind them before going in front of them. She stayed silent, shifting on her feet nervously when he looked at her before he looked at her brother.

"Oh right, you two don't trust me with the weapons around you just yet. Is that it?" Razul asked, trying to keep a smile off of his face. A small bit of laughter and amusement filled the older male's voice that Syn could pick up on.

"Do you expect us to?" her brother asked, rather coldly.

"Uh, what my brother is trying to say is that no we don't trust you around the weapons, because you are the first Shadow Creature that is not trying to kill us," Syn added. She glanced around, frowning at all the weapons. "And then you have these weapons, that looks like that they could kill us in this or in our other form." She turned her gaze back at him. "So, you see our dilemma on why we don't trust you."

Razul looked at her for a minute before he busted out laughing. His head rolled back, while he placed his hands on his belly, making the young female scowl a little. He waved her off, before he finally took a deep breath, calming himself a bit. "Ohh, I'm sorry, My Lady," he said, wiping a tear that came from his eye. "But, you just reminded me so much of your father." He chuckled and shook his head, even though his face darkened from thinking about the young female's father. "Your father said that same exact thing to me." His smile wavered a little, making the young female look down, a blush on her face.

"I'm sorry, My Lord. I do take after my father."

"Don't be sorry, My Lady," the older male said. "But to answer the reason on why you should trust me is this." He reached up and took a necklace off of his neck. He handed it to the young female, who looked shocked when she saw it.

Shock and awe filled Syn's eyes, while she took the necklace from the male, holding it in her hand. The thing that shocked her was the ring that hung from it. The ringband was gold while the gem was red. Inside the gem, it had a scythe and a sword crossing each other, which was also gold. "It's our family emblem," the female said, looking up at the older male. Her whole body filled with grief, because the ring had belonged to her father.

Razul nodded his head before he cleared his throat. "Yes, it is. Your father had a witch make a duplicate of the ring, knowing that I was going to need to prove to you two that I was a friend." He gestured towards the weapons. "These are to help train you two in the arts of weaponry. I am not going to hurt you, because I am and will always be loyal to the royal family." He bowed his head before showing a bit of his neck, telling him that he was submissive to them.

Syn handed James the ring to let him inspect it. Questions filled the poor girl's mind, while she bit her lip, waiting for her brother to say something or anything. She knew that he wouldn't hurt them, because the showing his neck and the ring. But, what if the ring was fake? Could they seriously trust him, if the ring was fake?

Finally, she couldn't take the silence from her brother anymore. She looked at her brother and asked the one thing that was on her mind. 'Well?'

_____________________________________________________________

A/N: Dun Dun Dunnn. Wonder if he will be trusted. What do you think? Can he be trusted?