Chapter 15- Syn (Edited)

Syn met James at door, having her hair into a ponytail. For the first time in ages, Syn felt clean and probably smelt clean as well. She was wearing dark black jeans as well as a purple shirt that made her eyes pop.

A smile appeared on her face when she saw that James was in all black. "So, there were no colors for you?" she all but teased, causing her older brother to grimace.

"There were no dark colors," he replied. "Well, there was a dark yellow shirt."

Syn stifled a laugh and walked towards the kitchen. "What about pink?" she asked, causing him to groan. "Let me guess, a couple of shirts?"

"Yes," James replied. "What about you?"

"I saw a couple of shirts that you might like," Syn replied. "And no, they are not yellow or pink." She paused and cocked her head. "I think that there were a couple of blue shirts in there. For men, of course."

James nodded his head, and she rolled her eyes when she heard his sigh of relief. "Of course," he said. "Do you mind if-"

"Nope," Syn replied, interrupting him. "I don't know why you even asked."

"Proper," James muttered. "So, who's room are we going to sleep in? And will we be making our rounds to the hole?"

Syn nodded her head. "I do not really care on which room we sleep in," she said. She glanced at her brother, and she could see the worried look in his eyes. "Relax, we'll be fine. I mean, Razul said that he will be able to train me in whatever I needed to know."

"I just hope that he won't be switching to our dear mother's side," James muttered underneath his breath, causing Syn to give him the stink eye.

However, Syn couldn't help but be cautious around him as well. She only knew that her brother was there with her, so she wasn't sure if Razul was as well. She could see that he only wanted to help her, but what if helping her meant sending her back to her mother?

Syn definitely knew that wouldn't be helping her. She would keel over dead before that happened.

"Don't worry about it," James said, grabbing the young girl's shoulder and squeezed. "Your mind is going a million miles a minute, and you do not have to do so many different scenarios." There was a grimace in his voice, causing Syn to wince.

"Sorry," she said. "Just... nervous." She took a deep breath when the reached the kitchen and could feel Razul there cooking something for them. "You have my back?" she asked, looking up at him.

James looked down and nodded his head, seeing the question in the nervous girl's eyes. "Always," he promised, causing a smile to flicker onto her lips.

"Good."

***

"Good, you two are done," Razul said from the stove a well furnished and new looking kitchen. Surprisingly, the appliances were silver, but they went well with the black walls as wel as the black cabinets. "Sit down at the stools, and I'll whip the food right out," he said.

"Let me try it first," James warned, causing Syn to scoff and roll her eyes.

"Is something the matter?" Razul asked, hearing Syn scoff. He turned towards them, raising an eyebrow. He was wearing a black apron that said 'Kiss the Cook', causing Syn to snort a little.

"Nothing, My Lord," Syn replied. "I just didn't know that you could cook, and I hope you don't mind me not kissing you."

Razul chuckled and nodded his head. "Of course, Princess," he said. He turned back to the stove, finishing whatever he was doing before placing two bowls of pasta, with chicken in them, in front of the twins. "There you are, eat up."

"Thank you, My Lord," Syn said, smiling at him.

Razul nodded his head and grabbed a bowl before sitting next to James. He didn't say a word about Syn not eating her food, knowing that her brother was protective of her.

"Be nice," Syn scowled, knowing that James had glared at Razul. "Now, are you going to eat it? I am hungry." She watched as James took his complete time to take a single bite of food, her stomach growling all the while.

James took a bite of his food and chewed before playing with his fork. "You don't want to eat that, Syn," he said. "I should take it off.. Ow." He flinched when Syn kicked him.

"Touch my food, and your leg will not be the only thing hurting," Syn warned, causing Razul to stifle a laugh. She started to eat the food and fell in love with Razul's cooking. "This is good," she said after she swallowed. "Now I know why you wanted my food."

James grunted and rolled his eyes. He didn't say a word but ate the food that Razul had cooked silently.

"We will train when you both wake up," Razul said after they had finished and leaning back in their chairs. "I am sure that both of you need a nap."

Syn nodded her head and hopped off of the chair. She took her plate and went to the sink before frowning looking at the knobs on there. "How do I-"

"I will take care of the dishes, My Lady," Razul said from where he was still seated. He smiled at her when he looked his way. "Go take a nap, the both of you."

Syn nodded her head and yawned. She started to, sluggishly, walk up the steps, her eyes closing a couple of times before she shook her head to keep awake. A yelp came out of her mouth when her feet were lifted from the floor. Her arms flailed around, almost hitting her brother.

"Easy, Syn," James grunted, dodging her flying arm. "It's just me."

Syn sighed with relief and snuggled close to her brother. "You scared me," she muttered, closing her eyes. "You should've said something."

"And what fun is that?" James asked. "Rest, I have you."

Syn hummed and let sleep consume her, enjoying the warm, dark blanket it brought.