Part twenty two

Awsten left for a couple hours to prepare for his,"game." Over that time I've thought of all the things that lead me up to this moment. I wish I never went to that music festival. I would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.

-----------------------------

I show the guard my ticket to let me in the festival. Today is my first time going to vans warp tour, I'm hoping to find at least one band who wants me to be their photographer. He lets me in and I start walking to the pit. There's so many people here, I'm probably not going to get any where near the bands.

I walk into the pit and get front and center. Getting here four hours early really payed off.

After many hours of waiting the first band came on. I turn my camera on, ready to take lots of pictures. A huge poster rolled down that read, "waterparks." Huh, interesting name. Many people around me screamed and pulled out their phones, they must be really popular.

After a couple minutes a song starts playing and smoke covers the stage. The crowd screams even louder, making me flinch. The smoke slowly leaves to reveal three guys on stage. There was one with short brown curly hair on the drums. The other was on the guitar with a nose piercing and straight semi long brown hair. I turn my attention to the lead singer. He was stunning, he made my heart flutter. He had semi long blue hair and had a guitar also. I snapped three pictures of just him.

God, this guy jumps around a lot. Most of these are fricking blurry. I groan and start taking pictures of the drummer and other guitarist.

After the show was over I escaped the pit and started walking around. It didn't take me much time to find the rvs for the bands.

"Dude, we killed it!" I heard a familiar voice coming from behind me. I quickly turned around and saw those waterparks guys. They all stopped and looked at me. "Hi." I said awkwardly. The drummer looked at me then at my camera, his eyes lit up. "Are you a photographer?!" He yelled with a huge smile.

"Oh uh, yeah I am. I came to see if any of the bands here needed one." I said returning the smile. "That's awesome! Hey, my name's Otto." Otto said putting out his hand for me to shake. "And my name's Geoff!" The guitarist smiled. I looked at the lead singer. "And my name's Awsten." He said in a deep voice avoiding eye contact with me. "And we're all friends!" Otto and Geoff cheered. I chuckled at their little theme song.

"I'm (Y/N)." I said shaking their hands. "So are you really a photographer?" Geoff asked pointing at my camera. "Yes, why do you ask?" "We need one really bad! Can we look at your photos?" Otto asked with a chuckle. "Oh yeah, of course." I turned on my camera and showed them all the pictures I took of them.

"Oh and these are just the raw ones, I haven't edited them yet." I said with a sigh, knowing they probably didn't want me. "There's no edits on these? They must look even more sick with edits!" Otto yelled basically jumping up and down.

"Really? Thank you." I smiled, turning my camera off. "I need to speak with the band." Otto said pulling the guys into a huddle. I heard laughter and whispering. Good god, they're making fun of me, I shouldn't have ever come here. I'm a failure that no one wants.

"(Y/N)." Geoff said getting my attention. "Uh, yes?" I answered with a little jump. "If you want to, would you be-" "Would you like to be the photographer of waterparks?" Otto asked cutting off Geoff due to excitement. I felt my eyes went wide, are they serious?

I looked at Awsten, he was already starting at me. We both quickly looked at the ground. I felt my stupid smile starting to form. "Is that a no?" Geoff asked with a disappointed tone. "No! I mean, yes! Wait, no to that. Yes! I will be your photographer." I said face palming myself. "Yes! I can tell we're gonna be great friends!" Otto yelled giving me a hug.