Chapter 1

I

REYNA

'I wonder...' Reyna said.

'You're a child of Venus. I mean Aphrodite. Perhaps - perhaps you could explain something your mother said.'

'I'm honored. I'll try, but I have to warn you: my mom doesn't make sense to me a lot of the time.' Piper replied

'Once in Charleston, Venus told me something. She said: You will not find love where you wish or where you hope. No demigod shall heal your heart. I-I have struggled with that for...' Reyna's voice broke.

'Reyna,' she said, clearly in a fit with her subconscious. The anger was quite clear in her eyes. 'I don't know what she meant, but I do know this: you are an incredible person. There is someone out there for you. Maybe not a demigod. Maybe it's a mortal or... or I don't know. But when it's meant to happen, it will. And when it does, hey you have friends, both Greek and Roman. The thing about you being everyone's source of strength: sometimes you might forget that you need to draw strength from others. I'm here for you.'

Reyna stared across the lake. 'Piper Mclean, you have a way with words.'

'I'm not charmspeaking, I promise.'

'No charmspeak required.' Reyna offered her hand. 'I have a feeling we'll see each other again.'

They shook hands and Reyna turned around to leave. Maybe Piper was right. Maybe there was someone out there. Some mortal. When time came, Reyna knew, she'd find him. She wasn't going to go in search of him. That was just immature.

'See you around Percy,' Reyna heard Nico say behind her. She hadn't noticed them until she heard him. 'Annabeth.' He finished off and walked beside me.

'Hello.' Reyna greeted him politely and he smiled at her. Reyna wondered how much it would have hurt him to.

'Wish me luck.' Nico said and rubbed his hands together. Reyna didn't get it at first, and then she noticed him staring at a blonde Greek guy around her age. He was the one who supported Nico during the war. She understood immediately. She had seen Nico's darkest secrets during the incident out the Buford Zippy Market.

'Uh... Good luck?' Reyna said as her confusion faded away.

'Thanks. I need some reassurance. Thanks for being there for me.'

'Who is that?'

'Will.' Nico said expecting Reyna to understand him, and then once he understood her lack of knowledge on Will, he continued 'Will solace, son of Apollo. Expert at curing injured demigods.'

'Oh. Want me to push you or something?'

'What are-'

'You'll get hurt, spend time with him. Enjoy.' Reyna said and pushed Nico to the ground. It was called for, but she couldn't help it if the love struck Nico's brain worked slowly.

'You didn't have to push me that hard!' Nico said and it almost came out as a squeak.'And I'm already hurt thank you. No shadow travelling for some time now. Will's orders.'

'Yeah, yeah. As long as you don't throw me into Tartarus.' Reyna said and laughed. It had been long since she felt so... loved by everyone surrounding her.

'Who knows? Maybe I would.' Nico said laughing and walked artificially.

'Oh help me, I'm scared!'

'Gotta go Reyna. Watch out for the skeletons!'

'What? Oh, very funny Nico.'

'Bye.' Nico said and ran towards Will who muttered something about not stressing his muscles and opened Nico's mouth and looked inside. Way to go for a romantic start.

Reyna found this whole situation weird. Reyna once actually thought that Nico might be the one. Even though he was a little younger in age. Well, physically. He was about eighty years older than her. Who knows? He was never a normal demigod. He didn't think like the rest. She interpreted him to be the one when he started visiting camp Jupiter frequently.

And then came the quest, the quest to return the Athena Parthenon. Reyna understood that Nico was the little brother she never had. She wanted to give him all her support. Especially after sharing her strength and feeling his pain. She swore that he'd have her protection on any decision he took.

She saw Frank in a distance and increased her pace towards him. He was accompanied by Hazel who seemed to be quite upset. As she paid more attention, she saw the same worried look on Frank's face. It must have been Leo Valdez. The Greek hero. Octavian had launched himself into the air to defeat Gaea, but as Nico had retold the story, it was mostly for revenge. Whereas Leo had sacrificed himself. To protect his friends.

'Hey. You guys alright?' Reyna asked Frank and Hazel as she walked to them. Clearly they had been crying. Correction, Hazel was still crying.

'It's our entire fault that Leo's dead.' Hazel said in between her sobs. 'If we had told the rest of them his plans, he would be living right now!'

'Hey, Hazel. For all you know, Leo is still alive. And you helped save the world by helping Leo Valdez.' Reyna tried to ease her pain. She knew just how much it would hurt to lose someone you love.

'I felt his death. He did die.' Hazel burst into more tears.

'Then let's just pray for our hero, and his happiness in Elysium.'

'But, there was something about his death that seemed odd-'

'What do you mean by odd?'

'I don't exactly know. Though what I do know is Leo did all this for Calypso.'

'What?!' Franked yelled.

'It was only between us... Leo knew his death couldn't be prevented. Something about the line in the prophecy. An oath to keep with final.'

'Does that mean that he's still alive?' Reyna asked out of curiosity.

'Like I said, I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. If he is, then please Lord Pluto, dad... shows me a sign.'

Nothing really happened which made Hazel even gloomier than before 'Oh! It's my entire fault!'

And then the ground slightly rumbled and a white form appeared in front of them. I took the shape of a tiny flame and vanished.

'Leo's alive.' Frank said with his eyes wider than Reyna had ever seen it be. And then he dashed off towards Percy and Annabeth.

Maybe everything was perfect in Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter...

A/N Woohoo! First chapter! I'm really happy with the way this fanfic is going so far... I've also got quite a few surprises ahead. Have fun reading! And all the characters belong to Rick Riordan... Only the story is mine... ;) I drew the cover pic. Pose credits to Katie Fox. Check out more of my fanart in bhavna-madan.deviantart.com :)

Vote and comment if you like it! :3

Kudos!

-Bhavna