Chapter 25 - Phalanx

I know that phalanx is an Xman thing but they're from marvel and it was the only villain that inspired me so I'm very sorry

~~~

It was just another day of bed rest. The usual, Loki brings you breakfast that he made and then you both watch a movie... a casual day- that was until you heard thunder roaring but no storm to go with it. A purple cloud swarming the sky- no not a cloud, the vague outline of a ship. Its dark figure cast out showers of fear. people started to run, hide, cower before this mighty being. Shouts of help reached the tower immediately. "Stay here," Loki stands up from his spot and teleports to Thor who had Mljonir in his hand. "Thor, what is it?"

"It seems as if we will soon be under attack,"

"Yes, thank you for that observation, I mean what is it?" Loki rolls his eyes, sarcasm noted. Thor shrugs and Cap runs in.

"Report?" Tony in full suit flies in ready to fight alongside the rest of the team. Bruce hadn't turned into the hulk so they had time to scheme.

"Give us all your mutants and the normal shall be spared," An echoing voice rang through the city.

"Well, that tells us what they want," Clint says

"We are the Phalanx," The voice rang through once more.

"And who they are," Your body had ached but you made it to the top with the team in your suit.

"Y/n!" Loki ran to your side, holding you up though you did not need it. "What are you doing here?" He started to ramble about how you needed to rest and stay safe inside. You chuckle and shake your head.

"Lolo, I'm ok I can fight!" You conjured up a spear. "They want mutants? They'll get an ass-kicking from a Vanir instead," And that was that the team let you in but they agreed you had to be by someone at all times just in case. It was the only thing they asked for and you complied.

~~~

"Mutants!" In a wave of ice, both you and the team approached the ship.

"Sorry, but New York isn't taking any visitors today!" Tony yelled through his suit. A smaller ship detached itself from the much larger ship and approached the team.

"Give is your mutants and all will be spared, we are the Phalanx and us-"

"Yes, yes we understand but you see that just won't happen," you twirl your spear as you looked right into the eyes of the ship. "Now, Please leave and-"

"Dirty mutant, how dare you to speak when not spoken to," You didn't see it but Loki too summoned a spear and threw it right at the ship, impaling the engine.

"Loki!" You look at him shocked before he shrugs.

"No one talks to my lady like that," you blush before smiling and kissing him on the cheek.

"Alright, lovebirds, that was cute and all but now we got incoming." You turn towards cap who pointed at a bunch of ships making their way towards the team.

"Eyes up, stay sharp," you created a pathway of ice that didn't cause anyone to slip and fall, down towards the evacuated city. You stayed above ground shooting spears of ice at the ship alongside Tony. The ones that did get passed you shot neon ammo of light towards the team and you. You look down at the fight for a split second, but a second too late as you were hit. The beam of light grazed your arm, the smell of burning flesh filled your nose as you grunted and turned blue. Power surged through your body. More and more ships hurdle themselves towards the avengers, them defeating the aliens easily.

But soon there was a swarm. A swarm of aliens climbing out the ship. Their black as the night sky skin- no not skin, gucky metal. Their black as night tacky outer layer reflected the sun rays. The almost robot-like look of them scared you, not enough for you to run away, though. Multiple eyes covered the front of their built bodies. Their skull-like heads shone blue and red hues. Bodies, built like pure muscle, not lifelike more robotic and Skeleton like. Lines of neon red, yellow, blue, surrounded and shaped them. Tubelike cords attached these beings like veins shining dull or neon as the rest of them looked. They grimaced with oil laced teeth snarling,

Thor had gone up to help Tony so that was your cue to leave. You slid down and shot ice through these creatures of space. Hand to hand combat started as they got too close. They're talon-like fingers clawed and scratched, colliding with your protective suit. Left and right everyone we're fighting off the swarm.

"How do we stop this?!" Nat shouted through the earpiece. A swirling of orange light appeared behind the team as Dr Strange and Wong stepped through.

"Took you long enough to get here," Loki grumbled. Strange rolls his eyes before creating a lasso of light and tying it around the neck of the beast about to slash Loki. "Thank you..." Loki sighed before continuing to fight.

"Anything you can tell us that would be helpful, Doctor?" You question as you slice a phalanx in two, guck oozing out.

"The phalanx, creatures that hunt for mutants, all connected, all connected to the mother ship," Strange got ready to levitate to the ship.

"Loki, Strange, Tony, to the ship, everyone else stays down here," Cap ordered.

"No way, I'm coming with," you turned to Cap who just rolled his eyes.

"That's an order," you start to argue with Cap.

"Cap, look, there'll be more up there you need as many as you can," Steve sighs and gives in.

"Fine, but stay safe,"

"Yes, Dad," you take Loki's hand and both of you stand on a circle of ice that emerges from the ground. You approach the mother ship and see no opening. "How are we getting-?" Tony charged up his blasters and creates a hole at the side of the ship. "That works," you move the ice towards the opening.

~~~

OMFG- why did I take so long to write this? I'm feeling uninspired but suddenly got a boost from a friend during English lol. I know that none of you will care but I was feeling "out of it" for the time I was absent and everyone commenting and making me laugh that really helped so thank you so much ALSO THANK YOU FOR 20K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all and always will