Chapter 6 - Books

"Bored bored bored. SO BORED!" Flopping upside down on your bed you look to the high shelf of books you had. Turning your head upright you scan the books from your bed before deciding to inspect them. "Read it, read it, read it... Read- wait, ya no read it ughhhhh. Tony!"

"Yes, buttercup?"

"AH!" You jump from the sudden close voice you heard by your door. "Don't do that!" He chuckles and walks towards you.

"What's up?" He takes a bite out of an apple, leaning on your banister.

"Bored. Need books. Very bored," you drain yourself back to your bed and lay down.

"Go to the tower library," he says with his mouth full.

"I'm sorry what? We have a library?!" Interest peaked at this new information.

"Yea, 90th floor," giddy you grab a hoodie, thank Tony and rush to the elevator passing Loki who sat on the couch staring at the switched off TV. You tapped your foot as you waited. Ding! The door opens, you rush inside and press the 90th button hurriedly with a grin.

~~~

Loki's POV

What is this odd mirror? My reflection could be seen but vaguely. The bird man had left it on, bright pictures flashed past. I picked up a long plastic rectangle with many rubber buttons I had seen the bird man use it before. Pressing the number 1 the mirror switched to a new image.

"And today marks the 4th anniversary of the Battle of New York, we are here to thank the avengers for saving our great city from the Chitauri aliens. It is still unknown why or how the aliens came to earth but what is known is we are grateful for them,"

I quickly press the red button, hopefully it would turn it off. I sat there thinking if that very moment 4 years ago the day I failed- then I saw Y/n run by, her face was lit up with excitement, I didn't turn to look at her but I could tell. Where was she going? Guess I'll find out.

~~~

Back to normal POV

The books lines each wall and shelf possible, how could Tony have kept this from you?! Each section was labeled and sorted alphabetically by author it was like heaven on earth!

"Shakespeare!" You rush over to one end of the room that had different volumes of Shakespeare plays. You take out Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, A midsummer nights dream and the lot and set it all down by the fireplace. "FRIDAY?"

"Yes Miss L/n?"

"Please turn on the fireplace," she complied with your request. You relax in front of the fire with Romeo and Juliet in hand, and you begin to read. Not even a minute goes by before you were interrupted.

"So you mortals at least read Shakespeare?" You shut the book and turn to the door where Loki stood.

"Yes, we do," you reopen your book and continue to read. "You have Shakespeare on Asgard?"

"Yes but it seems only I bother to read such great work,"

"Do you have other Migardian books on Asgard?" You ask.

"No... do you have any suggestions?" You shut your book once more and go straight to F and pick out your favorite book, The Great Gatsby.

"Here," you give him the book, he looks at it for a while before shrugging and sitting beside you. You open Romeo and Juliet back up and start to read.

~Time passes~

It had been a while, time passed like nothing as you both continue to read in comfortable silence. A little more time passes until you both finish your books.

"That was wonderful, a terribly good book," he places the novel on the table and gets back up to look upon more books.

"Need another recommendation?"

"Yes please," you smile and get up to go to C where you picked out two books; Alice in wonderland and Through the looking glass. You give him the books and sit down with a Norse mythology book which intact wasn't such a myth.

~~~

"Loki... can I ask you a question," that request of a question was intact many as you came across the page about Loki who in fact had children! "... do you really have children?"

"Oh no not this again," he rolls his eyes.

"I mean really, a wolf, an eight legged horse and a serpent? Who, to be blunt, are you fucking?" You burst into laughter after a moment of silence. He rolls his eyes agin and scoffs.

"I don't have children thank god, and those lores are somewhat made up by you mortals,"

"Awww but I wanted to meet Fenrir," you continue to laugh clutching the book.

"Let me teach you about what's real and what's not,"

~~~

Extensive teaching was what happened next, you learned about everything from the nine realms to the beasts that roam Asgard. You in fact learned you did not want to come across a bilgesnipe. After your lesson on Norse mythology you took it upon yourself to teach Loki about earth. Like teaching a mere child he sat confused at the history of Midgard explained by you.

"Next time we should go on a spree of different New York foods... sorry I'm just hungry-"

"Doll?" Bucky enters the library looking for you. "Dinner is ready, c'mon," you stand up and usher Loki out with you. He grabs the two Louis Carrol books and walks behind as you and Bucky joke around.

~~~

Hey dolls how are you? I'm good, anyways thanks for reading and I'll see you all next time baiiiiiiii

❤️❤️❤️❤️