Chapter 24 - Recovery

When the night fell and you got back to the tower you were thrilled to see your home in top shape, thankfully they didn't start a civil war when you were gone. You realized that maybe you had to change back to your normal form before you hurt anyone with your Jötunn powers. "Just relax and change you form," Loki calmed you as you tried your best to turn back to your Human form. You take in a deep breathe and let it out, you feel your skin turn warm and fuzzy, you felt dizzy and almost collapsed. "Woah- Darling, take it easy," Loki catches you as you fell and picked you up bridal style carrying you to your room. You looked around confused as you remembered it being dust and rubble... Tony must've fixed it up. The walls were F/C and book-lined shelves cornered one spot where a chair and lamp stood.

"I'm- I'm fine..." you then feel an overwhelming headache. Loki catches your unconscious body and starts to panic.

"Y/n?!" He lays you down on the bed calling stark immediately. "Metal man!" Tony rushes into the room quickly, an annoyed look on his face at the nickname.

"What is it?" Loki points to your body unable to form words other than.

"She-she passed out," Tony's face falls as he rushes to your side and takes your pulse. He told FRIDAY to call the tower Doctor ASAP. It wasn't long until the doctor reached the room and examined you. Loki looked confused before asking. "Where is your soul forge?" Tony and the doctor both looked up with quizzical faces before they asked.

"What's a soul forge?" Loki was in turn confused.

"It's where it transfers molecular energy from one place to another, don't you have those?"

"You casually have quantum field generators in your hospitals?! No fair..." Tony mutters. The doctor then said.

"No... we do not have those... she is just malnourished, I'll need to keep her under observation for at least 48 hours," The doctor then goes to pick you up but instead Loki rushes with a growl.

"Do not touch her, I can't trust you healers without soul forges," He picks you up and carries you to the elevator with the doctor by his side. Once at the floor, the doctor led Loki into a room where he placed you down. Loki was hesitant to let needles be poked into your skin and tubes to come out your body but it was necessary so he stood back and watched.

"She's going to be ok, reindeer games," Tony looked through the window at your sleeping form.

"She better be..." Loki was still cold towards everyone on the team... he walked away, more than likely going to grab a book or two for you to read when you woke up, maybe even your favourite snack.

~~~

"Loki? Loki?!" Thor's voice snapped him out of slumber. "Loki, Y/n... she's gone!" Loki looks to his right and sees his lady missing from her designated spot. Panic rises in the pit of his stomach. It seemed as if again his light had been snatched away, swiftly he takes off down the hall in search of this light. His search moved upstairs into the avengers common room where he looked around before turning to your room. Opening the door he hears grunts, in front of him, like déjà vu, you were fighting off captors. In a state of pure shock Loki stood there while you screamed his name

"Loki help me!" He did nothing, cuffs on your hands you were taken out the window of the tower. When Loki finally snapped out of pure shock it was too late you were gone... again. His heart beat picked up pace, he lunges himself at the window trying to look for your trace. You were gone... this time it was his fault.

"Y/n?! No!-" hearing his name being called, your voice.

"Loki? Loki?! Loki!" He snaps out of it. A cold sweat drips from his head. He was back in the medical ward. You were awake by his side, safe... not so soundly though. "Loki? Are you alright?" Your voice weak and frail. "You were having a nightmare,"

"I'm alright...- you're awake!" Instantly in his hand tea appeared, he hands it to you, helping you up against the bed.

"Thanks..." you slowly but surely drink the tea. Feeling better you look up at Loki with a half smile. "Sorry for passing out..."

"No, no, no, don't apologise, it isn't your fault," in his hands he takes your fragile ones.

"Thank you... for saving me,"

"Darling, you saved yourself,"

~~~

FREAKING SHORT LIKE MEEEEE sorry I'm very happy cuz exams are over! Love you guys!!!

❤️❤️❤️