A Love Like War//Finale

Chapter 13

Phil's POV

It's been hours since we got to the cemetery. Dan should be here by now. It was a chilly November night, and mostly everyone was in the safe house washing up. I was standing guard in between two other lonely's that I had never met before.

"Is it true that Sir Daniel gave you this mission?" the one on the right asked. She looked about fourteen years old with light hair and bright eyes.

"Yes, he did." I nodded. "He's supposed to be coming soon, that's who we're waiting for."

The woman on my left laughed, "I'll believe it when I see it. He's the reason we're all in this mess! He had to go marry that bitch!"

"You don't understand, He was forced, Dan hates Lilith." I responded to the middle aged woman.

"Mum, I think you should listen, Philip here knows more than you might think. After all Sir Daniel gave him this job!"

"I know, Alix. I'm sorry, this is just so frustrating. Everything was so peaceful before, now it's hell." She sighed. "Philip, we got off on a bad foot, I apologize. My name is Pamela and this is my daughter, Alix."

"Nice to meet you ma'am. Please just call me Phil."

"Right." Pamela sighed. "I guess it's just the waiting game."

"Not anymore... Look!" Alix pointed to the sky, two bats came soaring, struggling to fly with the weight they were carrying in weapons.

"Incoming!!!" I heard a voice scream as they fell from the sky.
~
Dan's POV

"Look!" Kacey shouted.

My eyes lingered across the field. Then finally, I saw them.
"Drop the weapons! We can't land with this, we'll crash!" I said. Kacey nodded. I let go of the bags and a weight was lifted off me. But, then the ground looked closer. I couldn't control my wings... They were gone! I transformed back to my body and now I was falling.
"Incoming!!!" I scream. I prepare myself for the fall and just as my face in about to smash into the ground I stop. No one caught me. I slowly look up to see a very shocked Phil.

"Dan, I didn't know you could do that." Phil said quietly.
"Do what?" I question.
"Forget how to fly! You almost got yourself killed!" He yelled.
"Hey! You try carrying those damn weapons for miles! That's heavy shit!" I countered.
"I hate to interrupt your little love fest, but we have a war to win here." Melissa walked up next to Phil. "Good to see you again, Dan. Glad you're alive." She smiled.

"Yeah me too." I muttered. Hundreds of people began to walk towards us. My warriors.
"Greetings! Um.. I know a lot of you are upset with me. Listen, there wasn't anything I could do..." I was cut off by boos in the crowd.
Kacey looked at me, "I got this." She mouthed.

"Hey! Listen up! I am Kacey Mendoza, trusted guard of the Ambassador for 12 centuries, and I demand respect!" The crowd fell silent.

"I know, I know, you're all angry. But you shouldn't be angry at your Ambassador. Who should you be angry at... Lilith, of course! That bitch. She stripped you all from your freedom! She treated you like garbage! That lying, conniving, evil bitch! We need to fight against her, not him." The crowd roared at her words.
"We stole weapons out of the castle, for you guys. Take whatever you'll need because they're on their way. Anything you want to say, Dan?" Kacey asked.

"Whatever goes down tonight, I want you all to know how much I appreciate you. I know you guys are pretty frustrated at everything right now, but I really do appreciate you all. I'm not one to take advantage. Now let's grab some weapons and kick Lilith's arse!" I shouted.
~
All of us have our weapons and are ready to open up a serious can of whoop ass. Phil is standing next to me, I can tell he's nervous.
"Don't be afraid, Phil. You're the strongest person I know." He turned his head towards me and is about to say something when I am tapped on the shoulder. I look behind me to see,
"Dad." I gasp.
"Son, can I speak to you for a moment?"
"Uh, sure." I agree. My father pulls me aside and hugs me tightly.
"Daniel, I'm sorry. I was wrong... about everything. I get it, I'm a horrible father. If it wasn't for me we wouldn't be in this mess. I pressure you, I'm not accepting, I'm the worst parent in the history of parents and I just wanted to say how proud I am of you. You're a leader, Dan. I don't know how you ending up being as great as you are having me as a father. I love you, son. And if you really are gay, I support you. I was just shocked. I love you for who you are."
"That means a lot, Dad. Thanks." Hearing those words from my father meant the world. He does care.

"They're coming!" The lookout, Bryce, screamed. Everyone seemed to tense up.
My dad nodded.
"Son, Let's go win this war." I grinned for the first time in a while.

"Charge!"

We all ran forward towards the attackers. Lilith has more weapons but we have more manpower. I dodged bullets and swords, all we need is Lilith. Once we kill her it's game over. I ran over to the side and started to climb up the tree to get a better view. I step on the branch and hear a scream coming from above me! I peak my head up and see the familiar blonde hair.
"Hello, Lilith." I snarled. I make my way to where she is sitting on the branch.
"I see you've found yourself an army." She laughed. "Saddest army I've ever seen."
Anger boils inside me. This is my chance.
"Wha-!" I push her with all my strength and she dives off the tree. I jump down on top of her.
"Who's laughing now?" I taunted. I take out my knife and hold it over her heart.
"Danny...please." She croaked. "You know I love you."
"Shut the fuck up, brat." I grab her arm and pull her up. Looking around the fight has stopped. A lot of people are dead. But the people from both sides are looking at me, they're on my side now. I catch Phil's eyes locked with mine.

"Tie her up and dig a hole." I throw her back down.
~
Phil's POV

Buried Alive. That is definitely not on my to-do list. I watched as they chained her down and threw her in the ground. Lilith's screams must have been heard for miles. But now we have peace again in the kingdom of Lonely's. We had a mass funeral/ceremony for those we lost that day (excluding Lilith). I didn't know many of them, Alix the young girl didn't make it, neither did her mother, Pamela, Dan's mother died that day also. But even after all the loss we manage to continue. Dan is a great leader, like his father said. Our wedding will be held in the summer, this time with no one taking over the kingdom. Finally, everything is like its supposed to be. I'm happy again and I can say for certain it was my fate to become a lonely. I know it.

The End.

Thank you all for reading. It makes me so happy seeing all the votes and comments. I hope you all enjoyed this journey together & I apologize for it taking so damn long. Thanks again. Xx
P.S if you are interesting in reading my other stories (Phan) I have one completed already, called The Boy In The Black. :D
-danielxlester