Preparations

Chapter 12

Dan's POV

I'm staring at a blank wall. That's basically all I ever do now... My head is throbbing, I've been hearing voices, and they all sound like Phil. I slam my hands on my head and tug my hair sideways.
"I CAN'T DO THIS!" I scream! The tears come slowly rushing down my face.
"You can do it, Dan." It was just another dumb voice in my head trying to mess with me.
"Stop it! Go away! You're giving me a migrane!" I shout at the wall.
No answer.
I sighed and sat back down once again.
"I'm not crazy, I swear." I huffed to myself.
"Do something. Anything." The voice echoed. I really should put my plan in action, I thought. What if we lose? I asked myself. Even if I end up dead, anywhere is better than here, I decided.
If my plan works... We attack at sunrise.

Phil's POV
I jumped out of bed. I could here loud footsteps trotting down the halls. "Wake up we don't have much time!" He whispered but in a tone I could here. The voice was all too familiar.
I shook Melissa awake.
"I think it's Dan!" Her eyes widened. "Our prayers...They've been answered!" She said.
"Is Phil down here?" The voice asked. "I'm here! Over here, Dan!" The footsteps grew louder until he stood in front of my cell.
"Dan! I'm so sorry! I screwed up, I'm sorry I was so angry!"
"Oh shut up! You have plenty of time for apologies after the war." Dan responded. He pulled out the keys and unlocked our door.
"Quickly, go around and free the others! We need everyone to help fight! Take them back to the cemetery. I trust you and Melissa only for this task." He ordered.
We ran out of our cells and I went up to Dan to grab the keys.
"How did you manage to escape?" I questioned.
"I'm a lot faster than I look, Phil. But they know I'm gone. There's not much time before they figure out what's happening. Now, go."
~
Dan's POV
Now that I've passed on that task to Phil, there's just one more thing to do. Get the weapons. The weapon room was located far away and hidden from citizens. But of course there's always guards on duty. Which is why, I'll need some help. I ran through the dorm hallway and finally stopped at the last door on the left. Room #481, Kacey Mendoza. One of the oldest lonely's, and trusted guard for my father, I knew she'd be on my side. I banged on her door three times.
"What the- DAN!" Kacey leaped into my arms.
"Calm down, Kacey, I need your help to break into the weaponry room. We're fighting back." I said.
"Well it's about damn time! I knew Lilith wouldn't kill Chad unless she thought it was a real threat. Let's go."
~
We stood in front of the doors to the weaponry room. Kacey and I looked at each other and nodded. She kicked the door open. As I stayed hidden behind the wall.
"Halt! Who goes there?!" The guards screamed.
"Kacey Mendoza, guard of the Ambassador! The almighty Ambassador herself has given me orders to take weapons for war. Her husband is missing and sought out to be planning a rebellion."
"Yes, of course miss. Take whatever you need! What shall we do to help?" The first guard asked.
"All I need you to do is leave, go spread the word of rebellion! Prepare them! Run!" Kacey ordered.
Both guards ran out, passing me on the way but they were to worried about the war to notice. I stepped into the room, helping Kacey gather all the weapons we could manage.

Oof this took way longer than expected... It's building up to the last chapter which will probably be either the next one or the one after. So this phanfic is almost done :( thank you for reading! I love you all <3