That's What I Thought

Chapter 8

Phil's POV

I watched as Dan made his way on stage. He was wearing all black and his tall figure was slumped as he walked.
The ceremony was quick, Dan's father made a sweet speech, but if I know anything about Dan it's how much he hates him. All these people were oblivious as to what happened behind closed doors. Dan straightened up and looked at the crowd before all of us chanted "The fate of England is in your hands!" He already looked much more mature and worried. I know he'll do well; Dan is the wisest sixteen year old I think I'll ever know.
~
Dan's POV

"It's time for the after party!" My mother exclaimed.
"Great..." I mumbled.
My father patted me on the back, "You did very well, son. I'm proud of you."
I looked up at my dad. He had a smirk that I knew all too well. Everyone always tells me how much I look like my father. I'm an exact replica of him; including that famous side-smirk.

"Alright everyone, how about we let Dan have some space before the party?" My mum said.
I quickly agreed and shooed them out of the room. My room was silent. Finally.

I stared into the mirror. Not to sound vain or anything but I'm glad that the mirror myth wasn't true. A lot of stuff is fake. I had dark brown eyes and a dark fringe that swept to the left side of my face. I was very tan as far as Lonely's go; most of us are extremely pale but my family was always tan and I guess it carried over to me. My skin was ice, however. I had this fascination with the mirror. I stare deep into my own eyes, most of the time I had a serious look but sometimes I'd crack a smile. The smile alway looked the best on me.

"Daniel! You've had plenty of time! Let's go!" My mum shouted.
I nodded and followed her out the door.
~
I stepped into the ballroom, everyone was dancing. No one noticed me yet. I decided it would be better that way and stepped to the side.
"Hello, Ambassador." A familiar voice said.
His black hair shined in the dim light.
"Phil?" I asked.
"That would be me."
"I knew you'd be here." I replied.
"I knew you'd try and hide. So, do you feel any different?" He asked.
"I feel angry." said.
"You always feel angry." Phil laughed.
"It's so boring. How about we get out of here?" I offered.
~
"So, this is your house?" Phil asked.
"Yep."
"It's ginormous! I guess I should have known since your the ambassador and all." Phil said.

I sat on the kitchen counter and motion him to come close. Phil stood in front of me. His black hair was messy, I liked it. He pushed a piece out of his eyes. Phil was close now; very close. My heart would be beating amazingly fast if I had one.
"Dan?" He said.
"Hmm?"
"Your shaking. Are you cold?"
"I'm always cold."
I felt something soft on my lips; it was Phil. I had a strong mint taste in my mouth. He broke away.
"Do you even know what it's like.. to be warm?" Phil questioned.
I shook my head no.
"I'm still warm." Phil said.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"I'm not cold like the others. I have warmth radiating from my skin."
"Maybe that's why I'm so attracted to you."
We collided once more. I had known I was gay for three years now. I thought I would never find someone like me. But being here with Phil, tonight, made me think that we could be together. I could have a happy ending.

I heard the door slam and quickly broke away; my stomach dropped.
"Daniel! What the hell are you doing?!" My father screamed. I looked at Phil and mouthed, "Run." He bolted past my dad.
"That boy! I should have known! I could kill him!"
"Dad, please!" I was crying.
"I can not have a fag for a son! Absolutely not! You are shaming the Howell name!" He came closer to me and hovered over me. In the strongest voice I could manage I said,
"You have no power over me."
"What did you say, Daniel?!"
I sobbed in pain from his fist.
"Nothing, father." I whimpered.

"That's what I thought."

Thank you for reading! Please vote or comment! Hopefully Chapter 9 will be up later tonight :-)

Until then,

danielxlester

<3