Phil's Story

Chapter 1

Phil's POV

Early 2007

It was a cold January night around 2:00. I had fallen asleep on the sofa again. As much as I tried I just couldn't get comfortable enough. So I put on my winter coat and started walking. I lived in a small rural town I couldn't go far, the moon tonight was full and bright. It would have been black if not for the unusual bright moon. I walked along the moonlit pathway past an old abandoned church. Next to the church was an eerie cemetery that hadn't been used in over 100 years. Most nights I wouldn't even think of venturing into the graveyard but the moon was right over top of it and I wanted to follow it's lead. I pushed the rusty gate; it opened with a slow creak. There were many big trees and its branches were making oddly shaped shadows. The owls were hooing and flying all around me. Rural England can be very creepy at night. All of a sudden the owl's voices stopped and it was silent. I jumped at the voice I heard:

"What are you doing here?" An angry voice hissed. I couldn't see him but it sounded like a young male. His voice wasn't out of the ordinary but it didn't sound Northern like myself.

"I just came for a walk." I said back.

"This is where the lonely one's roam. Are you one of us?" He asked.

"I wouldn't classify myself as lonely exactly.."

"This is not a joking matter! Did you bring food?" He questioned.

"Umm.. I have a granola bar?" I offered.

"How can you expect me to be satisfied on a granola bar!"

"Okay, I'm sorry I offered. I think I should go now." I said starting to become more and more uncomfortable.

"Not just yet." I saw the boy's tall figure, probably around 6 feet with dark hair and wearing all black. I still couldn't make out his face though. He started to walk over; every step brought me closer to seeing his face. I blinked but when I reopened them the boy was gone. How was he that fast? Odd. I felt hot breath on the back of my neck. I was stuck in my tracks, what was he going to do? I heard a low growl and the boy said, "I don't usually do this. Forgive me, for I am terribly hungry."

I shut my eyes hoping for my end to be quick. Teeth sunk into my neck, I was beginning to feel lightheaded.

I blacked out.

~

I woke up in my bed. What a weird dream I thought. My neck did ache a little but it wasn't bad, this wouldn't be the first time I pull a muscle in my sleep. Stupid Phil. I don't remember falling asleep in my bed though that was a little strange.

Over the next few days, however, I began to feel weird. I never was a huge meat fan but when my dad cooked steak this week, my mouth started to water at it raw. Who would want raw meat? I also started to feel pain in my teeth so I'm going to the dentist in a couple days. Then I couldn't fall asleep. Before, I would stay up every once in a while but I wasn't an insomniac. Now, midnight walks were becoming more and more regular. What was happening to me?

~

I awoke to a searing pain coming from my mouth, what time was it? 1:37? It was getting worse I could taste blood. I ran into my bathroom and stared into the mirror in complete horror. My teeth were fangs. What the hell? No! I thought it was dream!

One thing was clear, I needed to get back to the graveyard. They couldn't hurt one of their own. Right?

Chapter 2 will be up soon :-) Thanks for reading.