The Big Day

Chapter 7

Dan's POV

The clock was ticking. I had exactly 4 minutes and 38 seconds to be free. When the clock struck midnight I would turn sixteen. I'm sure most people can't wait to be sixteen but once again, I'm not most people. I hadn't seen Phil since last week, he'll never understand me. For a while, I actually thought that he might. He hasn't even be a Lonely long enough to understand. I could never be with him anyway, that would be illegal. A sixteen year old and a twenty year old is a big no-no. I wouldn't have time for my YouTube channel anymore either. I grabbed my laptop and regretfully took down danisnotonfire. I only had five videos anyway and 3, 493 subscribers, who would care if I left? I looked at the clock; 51 seconds. My last 51 seconds to be free would be spent sulking. It wasn't even the last 51 seconds, nor the past day, not the past week, not even the past month. My past few years were spent being miserable.

*Bong*

I felt my heart drop at the noise. I was sixteen; practically an adult and now it was my turn to lead the Lonely's.
~
"Are you excited, Daniel?" My mother asked. My mum was a very likable person, it was always hard for me to be mad at her. I knew that she had the best of intentions. I stayed quiet and I saw her face droop at my silence, she sighed. It's mandatory to watch my coronation if you're an English Lonely. I wasn't looking forward to seeing Phil and knowing him, he'd stay for the party afterwards as well. Which isn't mandatory but it is encouraged.
"Dan, I'm going to go over this one more time." My mum said. "You will be standing by these doors and when we call your name, you will walk out. You will agree to everything we say." She confirmed. I nodded.
"You look handsome. Girls will be falling at your feet. You know, I met your father at the after party."
"I've heard the story many times, mother."
She smiled, "Just think, tonight is the start of your new life! How exciting!"
"Very." I said with no emotion.
~
I was shaking; it's almost time for me to walk out. I can hear my father talking about me.
"And now, I present to you, my eldest son, future Ambassador!"
The doors open in front of me and I take a step forward. The crowd cheers for me, I don't know why, I'm just Dan. I don't even want to be here! I look out in the crowd searching for familiar faces.
"Continue walking, Dan." I command myself. I'm standing in front of my parents now.
"On this day, sixteen years ago, my firstborn son, Daniel James Howell was born." My father said, "I was overjoyed to hear that I had a son, not only because he would follow my footsteps but he would also be my best friend." It was a struggle to hold back laughter, the people thought my dad and I had the best relationship. When in reality, it was quite shit. My mother shot me a look that was most certainly a, "Be quiet and listen." I stopped smirking.
"I remember when you landed your first kill and I thought that I could never be more proud. But I was wrong because nothing can top this moment when I can finally call you a man."
The audience awed at my fathers heart warming speech.
"Daniel James Howell, do you wish to become the Ambassador and take on all the many responsibilities it contains?" He asked.
It pained me to agree, but I couldn't stop.
"Y-Yes."
"Put your hand over your heart and say the creed." He commanded.
I gulped, "I, Daniel James Howell, will protect the league of the Lonely's and be the best leader I can be. I will keep Where The Lonely One's Roam safe from all harm. The fate of England is in my hands."
The crowd chanted, "The fate of England is in your hands!"

My father took off his long black cloak and began to place it on my back. He took my right hand and my mother took my left. They held my hands up in the air,

"All hail, the new Ambassador!"

The crowd kneeled at my feet and continued chanting, "All hail, the new Ambassador!"

The power I held was so massive, so great, that I have no idea where to begin.

I will be going on vacation for the next 2 weeks so chapters might not be as regular. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Until then,

-danielxlester