Chapter 18 - Commoner's Supermarket!

We were all sitting down at the table again as Haruhi's dad introduced himself.

"You can call me Ranka." He smiled.

"Hold on a sec. So your name, kinda, is Ranka Fujioka?" I questioned.

"Yes..."

"By any chance do you know my uncle?"

"Who is he?"

"He calls himself Misuzuchi."

"Yeah I know him. We used to work at the same shop a few years ago. He's opened up a pension in Karuizowa."

"Cool. I thought you seemed familiar."

Haruhi stood up all of a sudden.

"What you doing?" I asked.

"I'm going to the market, alone!" She told us firmly, as she went out the door.

"Wait! We wanna go to a commoners supermarket!" Karou called out.

"I wouldn't bother. Once she's decided on something, she won't change her mind." Ranka informed. "Just like when she wanted to go to Ouran Academy. She filled out all the enrolment papers by herself."

We sat there in silence for a few moments while Ranka was probably having a Flashback.

"Well let's not just sit around being lazy all day. How would you lot like to have some fun." He asked more in a telling tone.

We all nodded uneasily and followed Ranka out out the house. We eventually spotted Haruhi and hid behind a lamp post.

"So what exactly are we doing?" I asked.

"I like to call this the stalking game" Ranka replied.

Smack.

I face palmed at his stupidity.

"To be honest I have a completely selfish reason for bringing you with me" he began. "I want to be seen with a bunch of cute boys"

Face palm again.

'Then how come I got dragged along too?'

Then he got all sentimental.

"As you know Haruhi lost her mother at a young age, and took on all the house hold chores by herself." He informed.

He then went on about how he would follow her to keep and eye on her etc, until we reached the supermarket.

I was checking out the meat ile for something to have for dinner tonight. I was gonna order something, but since we're here I might as well buy something.

I heard Ranka yelling, and turned to see he had hit Tamaki over to Haruhi. After that we all explored the store freely, not having to wrry about being caught. Hikaru and Karou dragged me over to the coffee.

"Hey look there's a whole stack of commoners coffee." Karou stated.

'Why did I even come here? I coulda just stayed home...'

I escaped back to the preprepared meal shelf's and picked out some spaghetti. I went to the check out and paid.

"Come on Kino!" I heard Karou call.

"Hurry up or we'll leave without you!" Hikaru yelled.

I ran back to the entrance and walked back to Haruhi's. She and Tamaki had picked out some sort of stew pot thing for lunch.

We got back and Haruhi prepared the meal. We all sat down and enjoyed the meal.

Ranka was mumbling something to Tamaki about krisanthony.

Whatever that is. It looked like small toasted bit of bread to me. Like croutons.

"Bye guys!" I waved off as I entered the twins car once again.

The way back to mine was uneventful, except the fact that there was a crowd of people gathered around again. Hikaru was about to follow me but, because he didn't remember exactly what number I lived in, I ran threw the crowd and legged it three steps at a time to get to my room. So he was already too far behind to chase after me.

And to my luck, it worked.