Chapter 5 - Childish Fun

My butt found the chair just as fast as my feet were lifted into the air before as the Twins placed me back down on a seat at their table.

"What do you guys want now?" I whined, somewhat scared about possibly having to see their 'brotherly love' spiel again.

"We wanted to talk to you more." They said in their usual chirpy in sync tone.

"Why me? There are a lot of girls here!"

"You're different!"

"As I've been told." I mumbled with a roll of my eyes.

"You're not a very bright person, are you?"

"No. Not really. There's no point in being happy when you're not." I blurted before realising what I had just said, freezing up.

"Why aren't you happy?" They asked.

'Fuck. Why did I bring that up? What is wrong with me today? Why am I being such an idiot?!'

"None of your business." I managed to spit out through my trembling voice.

They pulled a concerned face before placing it aside to give attention back to their guests.

Time passed quickly after that as my mind started imagining and remembering all sorts of negative situations. Too preoccupied with my own thoughts to think about the thirty minutes that had ticked away. By time I snapped out of it and looked back up, most the girls had left and probably gone home. Leaving only Me, Haruhi and the boys.

"Well, there doesn't seem to be anymore costumers. Tamaki what shall we do?" Kyoya asked.

"I dunno. Wanna play Kick the Can?" Tamaki questioned.

"Nah. We always play that." Haruhi objected.

"I bet Kino hasn't played." Hikaru gestured.

"Actually I have. I played it a lot as a kid. Me and my cousins always played it out in the street, since it wasn't very busy or crowded." I told them.

"Then what should we do? We still have like thirty minutes to kill." Kaoru groaned. "Do you know any good games Kino?"

"Hmmm...how about The Jewel Thief?" I suggested.

"What's that?" They all asked.

"I've never heard of that game." Haruhi admitted.

"Well it's not really a well known game. Me and my cousins made it up when we were bored one day and didn't know what else to do." I told them.

"Well. We can use your schools maze. It goes like this...

In the middle is a huge pile of whatever you pick, and someone is elected the thief. To make it easier the thief has to wear something visible to make it clear it's them, like a jacket or hat or something like that...

Everyone except the thief then has to run inside the maze and take a position. After about 5 minutes the thief has to enter...

The objective of the game is for the thief to rob all the 'jewels' and take them back to the entrance, without being caught." I explained.

"If they do get caught they have to switch with with who caught them,  so they'd have to be given the hat or jacket. Then the new thief is to collect as much as they can and put it in a separate pile at the entrance. Then at the end, you see who won the most."

"That sounds fun." Hikaru and Kaoru cheered.

"You can also play it in teams if you want to make it harder." I informed them.

"Cool. Then me, Kaoru and Kino will be the thieves and the rest of you can be the guards." Hikaru declared, who had pulled out three black beanies out of nowhere.

'How in the-? Oh well. At least they're enthusiastic about it.'

We ended up playing for a whole hour and it turned out our team got the highest amount of 'jewels'. Which we picked as being some roses, since the school seemed to be littered with them. Which was also difficult since sometimes the wind would blow and scatter them away.

"We won!" The twins cheered.

I just sat there watching them celebrate, smiling at how childish they were acting. Like they had won a grand prize or the lottery rather than a small kids game.

Kaoru then came over and put a flower in my hair.

"A beautiful flower..." He began

"For a beautiful girl." Hikaru finished.

"Thanks guys." I smiled again, unaware of the slight pink tint my cheeks had gone.