Chapter 19- Perfect Plan

Start from the beginning

Dad put down the newspaper and straighten his back waiting for Shane to say something.

"Can we talk to you for a minute, sir?" Shane said in a husky but humble voice

We all paused shortly as dad relaxed his features, "Okay. You may come in" dad gestured us to enter

I bit my lower lip unsure of what's in Shane's head.

I swear if this guy do something that would make my image bad in front of my dad, I would totally rip his head off and throw it to Alaska.

We both entered and I took a seat across my dad. Shane sat beside me wearing a serious but warm face.

"You may start" dad said coldly

Shane cleared his throat making my brows furrow in confusion. I waited patiently when he started, "Sir, your daughter is a lovely girl. It would be hard for a guy like me not to like a girl like her." my dad's expression started to get more serious like he does know what Shane is talking about. But not me. I'm totally missing Shane's point.

What the hell is he trying to say? I totally lost him.

They both stayed still seemed to be reading each other's mind. I gasped about to say something when dad interrupts, "You're point?" he asked. Exactly what I'm about to say.

"Can she be my girlfriend?" Shane said sounding hopeful in his words

"What!" I cried

What is happening with this guy! Have he gone mad? This is totally out of my senses. I didn't see this one coming!

"Girlfriend? My daughter?" dad asked bummed

Did dad just claimed me as 'his' daughter? Wow, that was... kind of... touching. At least something tunred out good in this Shane's crazy little sudden confession, if that's what you call that.

"Yes sir" replied Shane

"Are you crazy? You came over here to say that to dad?" I said angrily to Shane's face

Shane turned to me and looked at me in the eyes.

Fake.

I can see that. He's definitely lying, "Yes. And I would do anything to have his permission if that would be the only way for you to say yes"

I rolled my eyes, "What are you-" I'm about to punish Shane with my words when dad interrupted. Again.

"How can I trust my daughter to some boy..." dad started which made me relaxed a bit. I knew he wouldn't let this happen "...who haven't even introduced himself properly to me"

I blinked.

What did he say?

I snapped at Shane's direction. He was grinning happily. Like he won something priceless.

Wait. Did what dad said means... he lets me be Shane's girlfriend? I gaped shifting my gaze from my dad to Shane.

"My apologies." Shane said smilingly, "I'm Shane. Shane Wilhem."

My dad let out a small smile and repeated with a glint of amusement "Wilhem" Shane nodded, "The boy next door. James Wilhem's son." dad added

Shane's smile suddenly dented a bit by the name of his dad but gained it all back, "Yes and yes Mr. Luke"

I cannot believe what I'm seeing. They're actually getting along. Shane is the reason why I lost chance building relationship with dad and now he's the one having this kind of conversation with him? That's just not fair. Look at them! They're both engrossed with their conversation.