Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Roxy’s POV

I collapsed on my bed with a sigh, my eyes drifting shut. Why did everything have to be so confusing? I didn’t understand why Nate reacted like that. My cheeks heated up as I recalled what happened before we parted ways. I sighed again, burying my face in my pillow. “What if I wanted you to misunderstand?” I muttered, grumbling under my breath. A knock sounded at my door, and I lifted my head curiously. Could it be him? I swung my legs over the bed and padded over to the door, opening it with the slightest excitement.

“Oh my gosh, Roxy! Thank god you’re okay!” Kaera tackled me with a hug, and I squeaked as I stumbled backwards from her enthusiasm. Rae tried to hold back a laugh, but I could tell she was relieved as well. I pulled back from Kaera’s hug, a questioning expression on my face. “Why wouldn’t I be okay?” I asked, hopping onto my bed. They exchanged looks with each other, and I narrowed my eyes. Rae shrugged, before joining me on the bed. “Alexander said that you looked like you were about to commit suicide, so we were worried,” Kaera quickly dismissed it with a flick of her hand when she saw my expression. “But of course, we didn’t believe it! I mean, nothing else happened today that could have made you so depressed, and we would have known because we’re your friends, and we-” I threw a pillow at Kaera, causing her to shriek and duck. Rae burst out laughing, and I joined in as Kaera glared at us from the floor.

“I’m perfectly fine, guys, thanks for the concern. I just went out with Nathaniel,” I shrugged, as the confusion from just now started to dwell in my mind again. Kaera grinned, pouncing on the bed and causing it to shake slightly. “Details, details! I need detailsssss,” she dragged out, propping her elbows on the bed and staring at me in anticipation. Rae made herself more comfortable on the bed, and I sighed, knowing there was no way I was going to be able to get out of this. “Fine,” I surrendered, much to their glee, as I lay down and faced both of them.

I let out a breath I hadn’t realise I had been holding as I finished telling them what had happened. Kaera started giggling, and nudged me with a wicked look on her face. “You should have encouraged him!” she whined, as Rae shot me a playful grin that showed that she agreed completely with what Kaera was hinting at. I turned red and buried my face in the soft duvet, its thickness muffling my groans. I could hear them laughing, and I turned around to glare at them. “It’s not funny, I’m so confused!” I grumbled, and Rae whacked Kaera’s thigh to stop her from giggling. “Okay, okay, we’ll help. I think you should hint to him that you WANT to go further than friends,” Rae smirked, her eyes glinting mischievously.

“But what if he says no? That would be so embarrassing,” I groaned, covering my face with my hands. Kaera shook my shoulders impatiently. “I don’t think he would reject you, with how he treats you now! You’re the only person who’s gotten so close to him! Have you never had a boyfriend?” I looked up at this. “Uh, no?” Kaera’s jaw dropped, and Rae’s eyes widened in astonishment. “What? I’m serious! Hunter and Leo always chased them away,” I scoffed, rolling my eyes. Rae recovered first and nudged me reassuringly. “We’ll help you! Since it will be your very first, you need to know the basics of dating,” Kaera brightened up at this, and she leaned forward enthusiastically. “Yeah, and so you’re going to have to learn from the master right here!” Rae pretended to look around. “I don’t see any dating master here,” she said, and I held back a giggle at Kaera’s expression. “Okay, okay, so can we start now? Since we have nothing to do anyways,” I said, and both turned to me with grins on their faces. Inside, I was beginning to regret asking them. Oh boy.

Kaera’s POV

I whistled the tune of Flo Rida’s new song as I headed to the kitchen to get drinks for us. I can’t believe Roxy hadn’t had her first kiss AND a boyfriend! How could she not? She was so gorgeous, guys probably couldn’t keep their eyes off her. I grinned, remembering how she looked so shocked and flustered as we gave her tip after tip. Her reactions were hilarious, and I knew Rae had to pinch me to stop me from laughing and be serious. But overall, I really wanted her first to be good; mine wasn’t. Opening the fridge, I scanned it for three cans of Coke. Where were they? I thought as I bent down to search through the shelves stocked full with food and drinks.

Ah, found it! I grinned victoriously, gathering two in my arms and opening one, sipping it as I shut the door with my hip. Turning around, I stiffened when I noticed that Viktor was watching me from the other side of the room, with no expression on his face. Resisting the urge to flush slightly and scowl at him, I sauntered back to Roxy’s room, making sure to sway my hips. Just because I was over him, there was no harm in showing him what he was missing, I thought, grinning as I opened Roxy’s door and slammed it shut.

Roxy and Kaera looked up as the door slammed with a bang, and Rae got up to help me with the drinks and handed one to Roxy. Rae eyed me curiously, almost as if she knew that something had happened earlier, and so did Roxy, who had a glint in her eye as she looked at me. “Kaera? Could you help me get some water? I’m feeling a bit dizzy, and I don’t think I should drink Coke for the moment,” she said, holding her hands up in a begging position. Rae shot a look at her, but her eyes were focused on me. What the?! She was perfectly fine before! Nevertheless, I got up and nodded. “Fine, but you owe me one!” I muttered, grumbling about how lazy she could be. I opened the door and peeked outside, kind of scared, before stepping out and shutting the door as softly as I could.

Please don’t let him be there, please don’t let him be there, I pleaded silently as I tiptoed down the hallway to the kitchen. I poked my head from behind the wall slightly, my eyes scanning the whole of the room to ensure the coast was clear. Damnit Roxy! I cursed, as I quickly ran to the kitchen. I shouldn’t have taunted him just now, I’m in so much trouble! Grabbing a water bottle off the countertop, I spun around quickly and nearly screamed when I came face to face with the guy I was dreading to see.