Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Kaera’s POV

I sat down on the floor, crossing my legs, and stared at the ceiling. After the unexpected meeting with our ‘friends’, the atmosphere was so tense that I didn’t dare to move a single inch. I could tell Rae was just itching to run out the door, she wasn’t one for awkward silences. Neither was I, but I knew that by the slightest movement something could happen. It was dangerous, like a gun waiting to be fired, only waiting for the signal.

Roxy had flung a shoe at the door, and I watched as she seemed to have an inner debate with herself. Hm, looks like I’m not the only one with a little crush. Judging from the incident that happened earlier, I’ll bet my money that she and Alexander would have great kids someday. Heh, but I don’t think this would be a good time to tease her. I think I’d get my head cut off. I caught Rae’s eye, and she signalled towards the door. I shook my head. I don’t think I wanted to face them just yet. But then I realised that I really wanted to change out of my sweaty clothes.

“Hey Roxy, Rae. I’m going to go change out of my clothes for a while. I feel really gross.” I stood up and stretched. Roxy turned to look at me, then nodded. “Okay, you go on ahead. I’m just gonna stay here for a while.” I turned to Rae, who understood that Roxy wanted some time alone, and walked over to the door. We gave her a small wave, before I opened the door.

Rae and I walked to our rooms in silence. I had no idea what she was thinking about. I couldn’t tell from her facial expression either. We turned the corner to go to our rooms, and suddenly, I felt a really, really bad taste in my mouth. Because just round the corner, unashamedly making out, was Viktor and Britney.

I pulled Rae back, who had seen them as well, and we watched, horrified, as Britney grinded herself against him, and what really hurt the most was that he didn’t push away. Instead, he grabbed her hips and pulled her even closer to him, making her moan slightly. I gagged, and Rae had a disgusted look on her face. She grabbed my hand and pulled me along with her as we walked past them to our rooms. “So sorry to interrupt your little, um, slut time. But we really want to get back to our rooms.” She snapped at the pair, who didn’t realise we were standing there waiting for them to move. While she glared at them, I stared at the ground. Why did I even feel hurt? It was just some stupid crush. I didn’t even know him at all. I felt angry with myself. You don’t even know him, Kaera. He’s just some random guy. I chanted in my head, as Viktor pulled away from Britney, who was still grinding herself to him. He looked at Rae, then his eyes slowly turned to look at me, but I just faced the ground. Rae shoved Britney aside, then gently pushed me forward past them. I walked off, and didn’t notice her glare daggers at Viktor and Britney, before following behind me.

I walked into my room in a daze, heading to the bed, as Rae quickly followed behind and shut the door. I sat on the bed, hugging my knees to my chest, and laid my head down on my knees. Rae sat beside me, crossing her legs. I started to shake, and Rae quickly wrapped an arm around me as I started to cry.

Viktor’s POV

The slut started to kiss me again, but I wasn’t into it anymore. After seeing the look on her face, the hurt in her eyes, I felt like a total dick. I just felt frustrated and angry these days, and like always making out kind of helped. But even as the slut tried to get my attention back, I already knew I wasn’t as turned on as before. I shoved her aside, ignoring her shrieks as she fell on her butt. I stalked off away from her to the kitchen, where I slammed my fist into the wall, causing a slight dent. Fuck, I didn’t even know that girl and I’m feeling bad for making out with a slut? What the hell was wrong with me?

But when I remembered the way she looked at the ground, avoiding my gaze, I could tell she was hurt by what she saw, but trying not to show it. I knew she was a friend of Roxalie’s, but I didn’t know her name. Starting with a ‘K’, I think. Kira? I couldn’t remember. But her friend, the one with the black hair, had guts to glare at me like that. I knew she knew that I had her hurt her friend, and I could tell she was angry by the way her eyes practically spit fire. And I really felt bad, I did. But I didn’t know why! God dammnit, why is this so fucking complicated?! I growled.

Roxalie’s POV

After just staring blankly into space for about 15 minutes, I decided that I really wanted to take a shower and got up from the floor. I opened the door and glanced around. Hm, it was unusually quiet for a time like this. I glanced at a clock on the wall. It was barely midnight, and tomorrow was a weekend. Surely they wouldn’t have gone to bed this early? I walked past the living room and the kitchen, just in time to see Viktor slam his fist into the wall. I widened my eyes, and hid behind a wall to see what he was doing. He looked pretty pissed off, that’s for sure. I watched as he growled, then stalked off to his room where the rest were probably were. I emerged from my hiding spot and quickly headed to our rooms. I opened Kaera’s door, as Rae said she was there when she texted me earlier.

“Hey guys, did anything hap- Oh my god, Kaera why are you crying?!” I ran over to her bed, sitting on the other side of her as her shoulders shook. She didn’t reply, her eyes were just squeezed shut and she held in her sobs. I glanced at Rae, who looked like she was about to punch someone. What happened? I mouthed to her. Rae looked at Kaera, then mouthed to me, Viktor and that bitch. My hands clenched into fists. Britney? And Viktor? Oh no, no, no. That idiot didn’t just do what I think he did. I must have looked pretty terrifying, because Rae nudged me behind Kaera’s back. By now, Kaera was just sniffling.

“I don’t even know why I’m crying.” Her voice made us look at her, and she wiped her tears away angrily. “I hardly even know him!” Rae patted her back. “It’s okay, Kaera. That bastard doesn’t deserve you, anyway.” Kaera looked up at me. “I’m sorry guys. I’m sure you think I’m pathetic now, right?” She gave a weak laugh. “Don’t ever say that.” I said sternly. “You, Kaera, are better than this. Rae’s right; he doesn’t deserve a gorgeous girl like you. You can and deserve better.” I said to her, and Rae nodded in agreement. Kaera just stared into space, thinking deeply about something. Then, her face brightened. “You guys are right. I shouldn’t let something stupid like this get to me. Hmph, he probably fucked Britney because he was desperate.” I grinned, and Rae held back a snicker. “You’re totally right about that.” Rae smirked, and I gave her a wink behind Kaera’s back. “You want to go out for a walk? It’s kind of early to be going to sleep anyway.” I asked them, and Kaera nodded eagerly. “Yup, let’s go!” She jumped off the bed and hurried out of her bedroom to get a pair of slippers.

Rae and I sighed in relief. At least she wasn’t crying anymore. I looked at Rae, obviously signalling that it was time to explain. She sighed. “Well, we were going to go shower, when we saw Viktor and Britney-” She sneered their names. “Making out like there was no tomorrow. Obviously Kaera saw too, and well, you know.” She stared at the ground, sighing. “He obviously is a dumbass.” I spoke, my eyes narrowing into slits. Didn’t he realise that Kaera liked him a bit? And to go that low, to Britney? But I didn’t really expect nothing less from a guy. A guy from a gang, no less.

I narrowed my eyes. I wasn’t the type to pull pranks; personally, I thought that was kind of childish. But mark my words, he was going to pay one day.