Chapter Fifteen

Hi guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter ;) now you might be wondering who exactly is Roxy going to be with? HAHAHHAAH <3

Chapter Fifteen

Roxy's POV

I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I heard my alarm ring. God, yesterday was confirmed to be the worst day ever. I felt terrible too; my head was pounding and my eyes hurt and felt dry from crying yesterday. Oh my god, my eyes widened as yesterday's events came rushing back to me. Nathaniel! I sat up abruptly, wincing

as my head pounded. Oh God, how embarrassing! My cheeks turned turned red at the thought of him embracing me. I checked the clock and noted I had at least a good thirty minutes before breakfast started.

I quickly got up and rushed to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and washing my face, clearing any other signs of crying the previous day. I looked pretty okay for a girl that had a bad day yesterday. I swiped some lipgloss across my lips for a final touch, and headed to my closet. I scanned it briefly before picking out a white off-shouldered dress that reached above my knees, with a V-neckline. I wore gold strappy heels, and let my hair loose in waves down my back.

I heard a knock on my door, before it swung open, revealing an anxious Rae and Kaera. When they saw me all dressed up and ready to go, they grinned and whistled. "Damn, girl, you look fine!" Kaera whistled lowly, and Rae wiggled her eyebrows. "You're definitely looking better, that's for sure," she eyed my outfit. Kara cocked her head, clearly asking in a silent manner if I was feeling better. I sighed, feeling slightly touched that they cared. "Guys, I'm feeling okay now, really!" Seeing their looks of disbelief, I frowned. “Fine, if I don’t feel okay, I’ll tell you guys.” At this they cheered up, linking arms with me as we walked out of my room. We started chatting about the day, what lessons we were having and complaining about the load of homework we had. They were doing a good job of keeping me distracted; I didn't even think once of what happened yesterday.

We entered the lift, and Rae pressed the button for the first floor. We eventually fell into a comfortable silence, waiting for the lift to reach the first floor. I checked my phone, which surprisingly, had a text from Hunter. Grinning, I clicked on it eagerly. Although I was having a fun time here with my new friends, that didn't mean I didn't miss him like crazy.

Hunter: Hey Rox! Miss me yet? Wait, why am I even asking that; of course you do. :-)

Rolling my eyes at his ego but still smiling, I typed a reply back.

Me: No you dumbass, I totally didn't miss you at all.

Smirking, I waited for him to reply. He almost always had his phone with him, and constantly texted on a  daily basis. Sometimes, I didn't even know who he texted other than me and his other friends. I guess he has a lot to say, or was probably easily bored. Yup, sounded like Hunter. My phone vibrated, signalling that I had another text.

Hunter: Ouch, how could you say that? My heart is breaking! You're so mean, Rox.

I giggled softly at his over-dramatic message.

Me: Fine, I'm only joking! I missed you so much, you ass! Why haven't you called me for so long?!

That was kind of true. Everytime I tried calling Hunter, he either didn't pick up, or it went straight to voicemail,which annoyed me to no end.

Hunter: Sorry Rox! I was really busy okay :-(  But don't worry, I have a surprise for you! :-)

His use of emoticons was really funny too; but I'm probably the only one he does that to, considering boys and their insufferable egos and pride. Hunter deserved a good whack to the head sometimes. Wait, a surprise? My face immediately brightened. I loved surprises. Well actually, I loved the surprise part, not the part where you had to wait and suffer. I was about to text him back, when I realised the lift had stopped.

As soon as we exited the lift, Rae and Kaera turned to grin at me. I raised an eyebrow questioningly. "Why were you smiling so happily just now? Oh my god, Rae, it must be a boy!" Kaera shrieked, and Rae laughed. "Or it could just be my best friend texting me since a while ago," I retorted, rolling my eyes. Rae eyed me curiously. "What could he have said that brightened up your mood incredibly?" I took out my phone and showed them the last text.  Both of them immediately started guessing, and I had to snicker at some of their suggestions. Bit I couldn't help wondering, what was the surprise?

I was so deep in thought, that I didn't realise I was still walking and crashed into a wall. "Ow, shit!" I stumbled, falling backwards, until a pair of hands grabbed my arms and pulled me upright before I fell. Wait, arms? I looked up and found myself staring a pair of unblinking black orbs. I immediately started to pull away, until I noticed that the person was Nathaniel. We just stared at each other, and I found my cheeks slowly turning red, but I strangely didn't want to look away.

"Ahem," a cough was heard from behind us, and startled, I jumped slightly and tripped, nearly falling again, if not for Nate, who held me close to prevent me from falling. By then, I was already blushing. Ugh, why was I such a klutz? I could hear Rae and Kara snickering behind me. I pulled away, looking down so I didn't have to face him. "Sorry, Nate, I didn't see you," I apologised, before backing away, about to walk back to Kaera and Rae, when he pulled my arm, causing me to turn back to face him.

"Wait," I looked up at him, considering that he was taller than me. He looked down to whisper in my ear. "You're definitely feeling better," I turned red, immediately remembering what happened yesterday. I heard giggling, before Rae called out, "Uh, Roxy? We're going off first, we'll go get a table before it gets too crowded," she pulled Kaera along, who winked at me suggestively, before walking away. I was honestly going to strangle them later. Totally forgetting about the previous situation, I groaned, leaning my head on Nathaniel's shoulder. "I'm going to kill them later," I muttered under my breath. I heard Nate chuckle, his chest rumbling. We stood there for a while in silence, which was surprisingly not awkward. "So, you want to go for breakfast or starve here?" He broke the silence, and I pulled away to scowl at him playfully. "Fine, so you want food instead of me? Be that way!" I turned around and flounced off. I heard him chuckle from behind me, and I grinned. This was actually the first time I'd heard him laugh,  and it kind of made me happy knowing I caused it.

-dining room-

I munched on my toast, annoyed, as Alexander stared at me from his table. What the hell was his problem? He hasn't been doing anything else since I sat down at my table. And we were practically across the room from each other. Wasn't I just another girl to him? I scowled. He was really a pain in the ass. A really, really delicious pain in the ass, a voice in the back of my mind whispered, and I contemplated knocking my head on the table. Suddenly everyone around us turned around to stare at the entrance. "Hey, looks like we've got new students." Jerome muttered through his mouthful of food. Olivia and Jerome joined us today, along with Nate. Well, I kind of dragged him along, but he didn't exactly resist, unless you counted the glare he gave me.

I wiped my hands with the tissue on the table, reaching over to steal a bit of Rae's muffin while she was distracted, before trying to get a glimpse of how the new students looked like. Unfortunately, since we were at the very back, everyone's heads were blocking the way. Ugh, couldn't they move? I gave up, leaning on the back of my chair as I licked the crumbs off my fingers. “Guy or girl?” I asked Kaera, who didn’t reply, instead taking a sip of her orange juice. She had actually asked me about what happened yesterday and just now, which of course I refused to tell. So, she was probably mad. “Fine, be that way,” I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest. “I think it’s a girl,” I told them, closing my eyes. Might as well try to relax for a while!

“Ouch, Rox, I really didn’t know I was so feminine to you,” a familiar voice spoke up. My eyes shot open, and I nearly fell off my chair. Staring at the person in front of me, I couldn’t believe my eyes.