Chapter One

Chapter One

Roxalie’s POV

“Are you done yet? You’ve been in there since an hour ago!” Hunter groaned for the hundredth time. I shot him a scowl from my walk-in closet. “If you keep complaining I won’t Skype you when I get there!” I shouted, still trying to decide which five pairs of shoes I was going to bring along with me, and I had enough shoes to take up two walls of space, so you can see why I was kind of delayed.

In all honesty, it was going to be my first time studying abroad, and I hadn’t bothered to read up on the school. I only knew that the buildings there could pass for 5-star hotels, and the students were probably your stereotypical, rich brats. I held back an eye roll at that thought. These students could afford to buy an entire company and hardly bat an eyelid.

And why was I wasting so much just to study there? Well, that’s because my dearest brother, Cain, went to study in a university in England when I was twelve and decided to settle down there. We still skyped once or twice a week, but I missed him so much - it was like a gigantic piece of my life was missing. I could have gone to any public school, but I had to ask my parents instead, since Cain was my legal guardian. Of course they wouldn’t approve of a shoddy public school, so I had to settle for the very best. It was a pain sending email after email to get them to acknowledge me, but it was worth seeing Cain for.

He, however, hasn’t the slightest idea that I’m flying over, so it will definitely be a surprise for him. I laugh out loud thinking about his reaction. “What’s so funny?” Hunter asked curiously. “Just thinking about Cain’s reaction when he sees me in England.” He chuckled and crossed his arms, leaning against my closet door. “Do you really have to go? You have me, the sexiest and coolest guy in the whole world.” Hunter boasted, and I threw a pair of flats in his direction. “Of course I do! And please, don’t flatter yourself.” I smirked in his direction. But to be honest, it was a complete lie; Hunter was the kind of guy that could make girls trip over their words just by being in the same room, and he literally has a line of girls queueing to sleep with him. But I don’t like him that way; he’s not my type. And besides, we’ve known each other for so long, it was just too weird for us to be in a relationship, he’s like my brother.

I finally decided on five shoes, and placed them in the suitcase along with my other clothes. Hunter gave a whoop and headed out, yelling, “She has done it! Everyone celebrate!” I rolled my eyes and threw my suitcases at him. “Help me get these downstairs.” Hunter picked them up, muttering under his breath. “Last day I might see her for months and she makes me do hard labour-” “What was that, Hunter?” I tilted my head to the side, and he quickly grabbed the suitcases, mumbling something unintelligibly, before carrying them out of the room.

“I can’t believe you’re still bringing so many suitcases with you, you already have almost 20 boxes of your things heading to England on a plane.” Leo, who was leaning against the side of the car, snorted and shook his head. “Do you even need so many clothes?” I glanced at him slyly. “Well, for that time of the month, we also need-” Leo covered my mouth with his hand, his ears turning red. “Okay, I get the point.” He grumbled. We got in the car, with Leo driving and Hunter riding shotgun.

The ride was silent, but not an awkward one. I was going to miss them - Hunter was my best friend, and Leo was like my other older brother, aside from Cain. And I would miss the gang, they were all like my brothers. I would miss street fighting, but hopefully Cain would let me street fight in England. He wouldn’t be able to stop me anyway, I thought mischievously.

All too soon, we arrived at the airport. Hunter helped me pile my suitcases onto a trolley, while Leo went to park his car. I held onto Hunter’s arm, leaning against him as he pushed the trolley towards the departure area. I had already gotten my tickets in advance, something that Leo helped me with. Leo walked over to us, holding a bag, and I looked at the clock, ten more minutes and I would have to go in. “We both got going away presents for you.” Hunter said, handing the bag Leo was holding over to me. “Aww guys, you didn’t need to.” I took the bag from him, hugging it to my chest. “Anything for our little girl.” Leo smiled.

“I’ll miss you guys, you have to come visit me soon, and regularly or I’ll kick your ass when I see you.” I stared at them both. “We will, along with the gang. We’ll always make the time for you, princess, no matter how busy we are.” Leo grinned at me. “Hey, aren’t we getting a little emotional here? I mean, of course we’ll visit her, so we’ll be seeing her soon, no need to get all soft, but of course I already knew you were soft in the first place Leo.” Hunter joked, and Leo punched his shoulder. “Can’t I feel a bit sad? My baby is leaving home, for the first time. Who am I gonna spoil now?” Leo glared at him. “You can always spend your money on me, I would gladly accept.” Hunter laughed. “Spend your own money dude.” Leo retorted. I stifled a laugh. Seeing them argue like this my heart ache, I wouldn’t be seeing that for a while. The announcement for passengers on my plane to board came over the speakers, and I bit my lip, not really wanting to go so soon.

“Go on, Rox, or you’ll miss your plane.” Hunter came over and hugged me tightly, then let go, kissing me on my cheek. “We’ll see you soon, princess, and don’t forget, we have Skype.” Leo hugged me as tightly as Hunter had, his voice slightly muffled. Pulling back, Leo kissed my forehead, and turned me around and pushed me towards the departure gate. “See you soon, and call us if anybody dares to mess with you!” Hunter called out as I walked towards the gate. I rolled my eyes, but waved to them as I was about to enter the gate. Turning back, I felt tears well up as I watched them wave me goodbye. I took a deep breath, calming myself, and taking my last look at two of the most important people in my world, I turned back and strode determinedly towards the boarding area.

Heyyyy people new edit! Hope you like it better hahaha XD