A Mother's Grief

Meanwhile in Bellevue, Kevin's mother Andrea Beaumont was waiting for her son. She had talked to him on the phone and he told her he was a few miles away from Bellevue. Now she was just waiting. Andrea felt like she had nothing to worry about, because Kevin was never one to pick a fight, or get into an accident. A few minutes later, Andrea heard a knock on the door. "That might be Kevin," thought Andrea as she went to the door. She opened the door, but noticed that instead of her son Kevin, it was Wonder Woman; much to Andrea's surprise. 

"Are you Andrea Beaumont?" The Amazon asked. "Yes. Can I help you, Wonder Woman?" Andrea asked, trying not to get suspicious. "Step outside for a moment," ordered Wonder Woman, and Andrea did as she was told. Suddenly Superman flew in with Kevin's car, and without warning, smashed the blue Roadrunner Plymouth down into the ground, causing it to combust! Andrea's eyes widened. "Superman... Did you just... Smash my son's car??" Andrea asked in disbelief. "I did," confirmed Superman as he landed on the ground and faced Andrea. Now Andrea was mad. She frowned and asked in an outraged voice, "who the hell do you think you are to just come into my neighborhood, and destroy my son's car in front of me?!?!?! This some sort of joke to you?!?!?!!?!"

"I smashed Kevin's car to get your attention," boasted Superman as he crossed his arms. "Well you got my attention. Now what the hell do you want?!?!?!" Andrea asked, getting impatient. "Your son is dead." Wonder Woman said coldly. "What?" Andrea gasped in disbelief. "I killed your son, Andrea." Superman said with no remorse. "Why would you kill my son?? He didn't do anything to you..." Andrea asked, her heart starting to break. "To send a message to you and Bruce," stated Superman, "this is the mercy I will show to anyone who stands in my way. Let Kevin be an example of how merciful I will be." Now Andrea was enraged as she yelled, "You murdering son of a -"

 Superman them smacked Andrea across the face. Hard. Not hard enough to kill her. But enough to push her to the floor, a few inches inside, and causing her nose to bleed. Andrea was fuming with hate as she glared at Superman and Wonder Woman with a bloody nose. Wonder Woman put her sword near Andrea's face, and threatened, "stay down, mortal. Or else I will slaughter you before you blink." Andrea gritted her teeth, in pain. "We know of your past, Beaumont." Superman stated, "The Phantasm, killer of criminals. You can tell Bruce we killed Kevin, I couldn't care less. But don't even think about trying to come out of retirement to avenge your son. If you do, we will kill you. I hope I made myself crystal clear. Let's go, Diana." The two heroes turned tyrants flew out of Andrea's house, leaving her alone. Andrea looked down and wept bitterly. Her baby was dead, and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it.