''I just did.''

❤️ PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE IN THE END ❤️

* Madison *

'' Morning mom! '' I said cheerfully as I descended the stairs. She turned around in her morning robe, with a cup of coffee in her hands. ''Morning hunnie!''

I reached the kitchen and poured myself a cup of coffee. ''I made-'' My mom started, but I cut her off. ''Bluberry pancakes?'' I said, feeling my eyes sparkle and my body fill with excitement.

My mom chuckled. ''Lucky guess.''   ''Oh my god mom thanks so much I swear I've been craving them since last night and I didn't know what to do about it!'' I admitted.  I shrugged and began putting some pancakes on my plate.

''You mean since you last saw Carter?'' She asked and even though I wasn't facing her I swear I knew she was grinning and probably winking. I turned around raising my eyebrows. ''Yes mother. That's exactly when I began craving your delicious bluberry pancakes.'' I replyed with the best British accent I was able to make. 

''Wow hunnie, I never thought your flawless mocking of the Brits could get even better!'' She complimented me.  I smiled in success and bowed.

My mom laughed and so did I. ''Anyway, can I be left to eat my delicious meal now?'' I asked, sassily. She nodded. ''Sure.''

And that's exactly what I did. I dug in and I was enjoying every single piece of those delicious blueberry pancakes my mom has made me, but of course I had to be interrupted by someoneagain.   

I don't even know why I'm surprised. Everytime I try to enjoy my meal there is always someone there ready to jump in front of me and decide it would be a great idea to annoy me with their presence.

''Sooo, did you have fun with Carter yesterday?'' My mom said, leaning her head on her hands and giving me a dreamy look.

I rolled my eyes. ''Seriously? Can't I eat my breakfast in peace and quiet?''   ''I'm sorry hunnie, but I'm curious, because you look in a really good mood and you looked great when he left too.'' She smiled.

''Oookay mom, why are you acting like you need to know everything about my life? '' I asked suspiciously. She shrugged. ''Geez, I was just wondering because it's the first time you have a real boyfriend and I just wanted to let you know you can talk to me about anything.'' She smiled, patting my shoulder gently.

''Okay, good to know-'' 

''There's just one thing-'' She cut me off. ''What?'' I asked.       She sighed. '' I just always thought you'd date Matt, I mean you've known him your whole life and you two got along so great and I just thought-'' She paused.

''-you'd get married one day.''

Okay, didn't see that coming.

''Uhm, okay?'' I said, not sure what else to add.  I mean yeah, I guess it was pretty normal for her to maybe assume I'd have a crush on him or eventually maybe we'd end up dating, but marriage that's a whole other thing!?