'' It's just not your lucky day- ''

*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*

Before you start reading this chapter, please don't forget to check the author's note in the end

*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*ˇ*

* Madison *

" Mads!! "

I groaned, pulling the covers over my face. I stretched my legs towards the end of my bed and let out a sigh in frustration.

Is it seriously morning already?

I slowly sat up straight, pulling my blanket off my face. I gazed outside the window and realised it was dark outside. For a morning, at least.  Furrowing my eyebrows, I moved a bit closer to the window and noticed the sun was slowly going down.

"Madison Rogers get up! You're going to be late!"             "Late for what?" I asked, raising my voice.

"For the party for God's sake!" "Wha-" I started, but my mom interrupted me as soon as she walked inside my room.

" Don't tell me you forgot about the New Year's Eve party you've been talking about for so long!"

My eyes widened in realisation. Right! Lauren and I made a vow to go to Rachael Evans's New Year's Eve party she throws every year. Not like she invited us, but since we didn't go last year and everyone kept talking about how Patrick Peterson got drunk and hooked up with Gemma Clinton. Since we had no idea what happened, we decided not to let this happen again this year. At the time, Matt and I were still best friends so he made the vow as well.

I mentally slapped myself for thinking about him again.

''Right. I remember.'' I trailed off. ''But I'm not so sure if I wanna go-''       My mom frowned, taking a few steps closer and sitting on the edge of the bed. Now that I can see her from head to toe, I've noticed she's wearing a really pretty dark blue dress she bought a few weeks ago.

''Hunnie-'' She started, gaining my attention. ''You've been locked up inside your room since you got back from L.A.   Now I know you got in a fight with Carter, but don't you think you should at least try to have some fun at least tonight?'' She said softly, caressing my legs over the blankets.

I sighed. ''I don't know mom-''            She pouted. ''Mads, I remember how upset you were when you didn't go last year. Now you don't want to repeat the last year's pity party, do you? Besides, I thought Lauren and you promised to eachother you'd go-''

''Yeah, we kinda did, but I really don't think it's a good idea-' I argued. She pushed her lips together. ''Well alright then. I'll just go call Sam and tell him to call off our dinner date he's planned.''

I cut her off. ''No! No mom don't do that! You know you wanna go-''

'' I do, however if you're gonna be this moody teenager who only wants to lay in bed and listen to depressing music, I might as well stay here and check up on you so you don't end up doing something stupid just because you got into a little fight with your boyfriend.''