'' I broke my own promise ''

* Madison *

I quickly grabbed Danielle's hand and pulled her along. I could still hear all the fans' screaming and my head was going crazy because of all the yelling. 

Once we were inside, Carter let go of my hand and turned to me, smiling.

''I thought you might like stay in here instead of being stuck in a crowd of wild screaming teenage girls.'' A smile crept on my lips. ''You're right about that.''

Carter grinned and glanced at Danielle. Once I noticed I still haven't introduced them to eachother, I ran my fingers through my hair.

''Oh right, uhm Carter this is my cousin-'' He cut me off. ''Danielle, right?'' Carter said, shaking Dani's hand. She smiled big ''Yep that's me and you're Carter freaking Reynolds!'' She squealed.

*

After having a quick conversation with Carter, he led us backstage, where we met up with all of the guys, I already saw yesterday. I'll have to admit all of them looked like really cool and nice guys,

everyone except Matthew.

Ever since we got there. Matt has been nagging me about every small and stupid detail. He had been behaving like such an asshole and I was about to snap.  I was pretty surprised I still haven't yelled at him for the way he was treating me.

I was currently sitting on a couch near the 'meet and greet' area, wating fot Dani to be done with her pictures with the guys. Meanwhile, I was killing time on my phone. I was just scrolling down my Instagram news feed, when I felt pinch on my shoulder.

I shot my head up and came face to face with no one other than Matthew. My eyes rolled imediately and I groaned. ''What do you want this time?''

He smirked at me. ''Nothin', just looking at a hoe wasting her entire life on her phone.''

I groaned and looked down. I know he was just trying to get under my skin, but I just couldn't handle it.I don't know why but his words hurt me 10 times more than I expected. It just hurt me to see that the only guy who I actually cared about treates me like I'm a total failure. We used to be best friends and now, here he is treating me like shit.

Ever since he changed, I promised to myself, I would never cry because of him or in front of him.

But this time, I broke my own promise.

My head was still facing the ground and I felt my vision get blurry and my cheeks heat up. I shoved my phone in my pocket and stood up. I hid my face between my palms and started running away. I refused to turn around or ever look at him in the face again.

I just kept running, passing a bunch of screaming girls, until I bumped into someone. Glancing up, I noticed it was Carter. He furrowed his eyebrows and leaned his hand on my shoulder.

''Madi-'' He started but I ran away feeling too ashamed of crying in front of him.

My feet kept moving in sync and  and tears kept streaming down my cheeks. I knew by now my make-up was probably totally messed up but frankly I had enough problems for one day.  

I finally stopped on my tracks as I reached an exit. I leaned on the doorknob and tried to open the door but I couldn't since they were locked. I looked around to see if there was anyone following me.

But there wasn't, so I just collapsed on the ground, still sobbing. I hid my face in between my hands and let my tears roll down my eyes. I was so upset with Matthew, I couldn't even stop the tears.

They just kept falling and falling without being able to stop.

The worst thing is, Matthew didn't even seem to care about how upset he was making me. All he cared about was to hurt me harder.