Meet The Family

"Tamara!" Diana yelled once we were in the two story house she called her safehaven.

A woman who looked to be in her early twenties or late teenage years stepped out from behind a wall and made a big show of talking on the phone.

A little girl with lopsided pigtails stumbled down the stairs, rubbing one eye.

"That's my little sister, Sarah." Diana said proudly.

"We saved three dragons today, there are two boys and one girl. Thunder, Lightning, and Raindrop." She stated. Devon snorted.

"A dragon named Raindrop?" I jabbed him in the side with my elbow.

"When did you become so mean?!" I hissed. The little girl glared at him.

"Got a problem?" She snapped coldly. I blinked in surprise. Devon held up his hands in defense. Adam widened his eyes.

"Like mother like daughter, huh?" Devon mumbled.

"Yeah except for with sisters." Adam responded in a whisper.

"The resemblance is amazing." I added under my breath.

"Stop talking about me!" Sarah screamed. Tamara sighed.

"Sorry Kaylie, talk to you later." She hung up the phone and glared at us. "I was talking on the phone." She exclaimed.

"Show them to the guest rooms." Diana ordered, ignoring Tamara's comment. Tamara, obviously irritated, forced a smile at us.

"Come with me." She gritted out between clenched teeth. I silently wondered why the older sister was listening to the yougner one, but didn't voice my question.

I know. This is so weird. Devon thought to me. Adam glanced at us. I was about to question him about it when Tamara spoke.

"Follow the stairs to the attic. You should come into an empty space with two doors on one side and one door on the other. One side has the two bedrooms, connected by an inner doorway. The other side is the bathroom. Any questions?"

We didn't speak.

"Good." Tamara disappeared into a room and slammed the door behind her.

"I guess we should go to the attic then." Devon mumbled, taking the lead. Awkward beyond belief, Adam and I walked up the stairs and eventually found the attic after Devon.

"Follow the stairs to the attic? What kind of instructions are those? There's another door down a hallway that leads to the attic!" I grumbled to myself. Devon smiled in amusement at my complaining. Adam hovered at the landing above us, shifting from foot to foot.

"Uhh, can we please just get to sleep? This place is creepy and uncomfortable." He called down to us. I began stomping up, belatedly remembering I wasn't at my own home.

"I really hate the world at the moment." I growled out, slipping into a room. Adam trailed in after me, then Devon.

"Two beds in one room, one in the other. I'll be leaving you two alone then!" Adam chirped, a sly smile crossing his face. He bolted for the other room, but Devon beat him to it, barging through and clicking the lock shut behind him. "Aww, come on! I'm just trying to encourage a very nice relationship!" I sent Adam a dark look, lowering myself to one of the beds.

"You are an evil little brother."

"I have my moments." He quipped thoughtfully, splaying out on the other mattress. "I'm tired..."

I watched in mild amusement as Adam rolled over and over, whining and growling when the position didn't help him fall asleep. "Will you quit watching me?! Jeez, it's freaky and really weird. Turn over or something." He complained, chucking a pillow at me.

Grinning like an idiot, I turned over and closed my eyes.

"Night, little bro."

"Go to sleep."

}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>

"FALLON!" Devon screamed from the other room, bursting into ours. Groggy, I sat up, rubbing the gunk from my eyes.

"Wha...?" I yawned. Devon looked to me, his hair a mess and his eyes still dull from sleep.

He dove to the side of my bed, crawling underneath the wooden skeleton and stuff mattress. Adam glared around the room. "Go to hell, Devon. It's four o'clock in the freaking morning."

A little dragon about the size of a large dog trod in with a look of innocence on it's reptilian face.

"Oh my god; look at it's eyes! It's so cute!" I squealed, stumbling from the bed towards the dragon. It's expression hardened and it took up a threatening stance. I didn't think it was possible for something so young to accomplish that.

"Don't go near it!"

"What's all the noise?!" Sarah barged into the scene: me frozen mid-reach for the dragon, Devon peeking out from under the bed, Adam growling at us, and an angry-looking beast gazing directly at the interruption.

"Devon's being an idiot."

____________________________________________________________

Sorry for the filler-y chapter. I just needed to get some stuff out of the way. I finally updated due to a reader of the username WerewolfVSVampire. Thank you for letting me know that someone actually does read this. And that pretty much encouraged me to continue writing for this story.

THANK YOU, ALL READERS AND FANNERS!