Shadow Labrynth

Standing in the darkness of the Shadow Labrynth, I felt my resolve crumble away. There was absolutely no light whatsoever, and the silence pressed down on me. At every slight noise I jumped, my breath catching in my throat.

The place had already been opened when we had arrived. Diana and her sisters refused to go near the place. The fact that we might find Alex was the sole reason I could take a step inside.

Something touched my shoulder in the blackness. Stifling a scream of terror, I leaped back, tripping over something soft and warm and landing on my butt.

"Fallon?" Devon's voice inquired. I sighed in relief, getting to my feet and groping around in the darkness for a wall.

"I found the wall!" I hissed. The heavy silence made me reluctant to speak over a whisper.

"Alright, keep talking, we're coming over," Adam stated, seemingly unaffected by the darkness.

"I don't understand why I can't see. I'm trying to use the night vision that comes with Shadow magic," Devon grumbled, his hand brushing my face as he felt around for the wall.

 "The night vision we have is only animal eyes, not infrared. There is absolutely no light in here whatsoever, which is what animals use to reflect back like flashlights, so our abilities won't help us," Adam explained.

Devon muttered something incomprehensible and shuffled backwards, bumping into me and sending me sprawling again. There was a resounding crack that seemed louder than a jet engine in the silence. Terrified, I checked my bones to make sure nothing was broken, even though I didn't feel pain. Who knew, maybe the labrynth numbed Fae nerves as well.

"I stepped on something," Adam reassured. I crawled towards his voice, unwilling to stand up in fear of falling in the darkness again. Crouching near where I thought his voice had come from, I desperately searched for the wall or Adam's leg, something physical that would give me a sense of reality in this place of blindness and deafness.

My wrist hit something solid and I heard Adam curse under his breath. I got to my feet, holding my brother's shoulders in an iron grip. Maybe I was a little scared.

"Adam, you okay?" Devon asked, his hand reaching forward and clutching onto the back of my shirt.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure Fallon just scared me and not some random creature."

"Uh huh." I confirmed stiffly.

"Oops, sorry Fallon," Devon muttered. He didn't let go of the back of my shirt though.

We stayed like that, a train of shuffling feet clinging to the wall until we reached a corner. Whenever we reached a corner, the wall would seem to disappear from our fiingers and we would disperse, searching wildly for it again. When one of us found a wall, we returned into our line formation, clutched the wall, and shuffled forward again. This would repeat every five minutes.

"Alright, we have to stop! We're not getting anywhere like this," I exclaimed, rooting my feet to the ground. Devon stumbled into my back and Adam slipped, held up only by my grip on his shoulders.

"I think we're being productive," Devon stated.

"We have no idea if we are or not," I replied.

"Well how would you suppose we go about it?" Adam snapped at me.

"Not like this," I snapped back.

"You guys-"

"No! Please, Fallon, tell us your genius plan of getting to a guy you want to save."