Morning Combat

"Thank you, Tamara." I said when she placed my breakfast in front of me. Devon mumbled his thanks and dug in to his eggs. Diana watched in hostile silence. Feeling her gaze on me, I felt myself turning red.

"So, what is this 'Shadow Labrynth' you were talking about before?"

"It is a maze a long walk from here. About half a day's worth of flying in good weather. The Labrynth begins at the mouth of a cave that is sealed with powerful magic. Only the use of all magic types at once opens the starting point." Diana explained.

"All of the magic types?" Devon asked for confirmation, his eyebrow raising in suspicion.

"Storm, Electricity, Fire, Shadow, Light, Earth, Time, and Soul." Tamara responded.

"So to open a Shadow Labrynth, one must use Dark Magic?!" Devon concluded, exasperated. "I have to say it fits pretty damn well!"

"What if we get caught?" Adam inquired in a low tone.

"It's not Dark Magic that you're using. In order to open the Shadow Labrynth, you have to sync all of the types. Dark Magic is when you use all magic types simultaneously, but they are not used correctly. What I am referring to is called Perfect Magic, or Synchronized Magic." Diana explicated slowly.

"Perfect Magic?"

"When you use Perfect Magic, white mist appears instead of a darkness cloud. It's pure, not evil. And you better not taint the magic! If you kill using Perfect Magic, you change your own magic, making it tainted and ugly." Sarah quipped in reply to my confused question.

"How do you use it?" Devon demanded.

"Bring together all of the magic types at once. Water, electricity, fire, shadows, light, and soil should come into being at your hand in unison. This will create a sort of light-gray ash. You'd need to drop the ash, slow down time considerably, and leave a piece of your own spirit in the ash. Let the powder become possessed with a positive emotion. The ash will become Perfect, and will pulse with Synchronized Magic. This pulse is what you must control, sending it into the barrier obstructing the opening to the beginning of the maze." Tamara told.

"Be forewarned: if you fail in creating the Perfect Magic in any way, you will be labeled as corrupted and shunned from the sacred Shadow Labrynth. You will also lose all of your magic." Diana said in a dark tone.

My eyes widened and Devon started choking on his food. Sarah rolled her eyes at our reactions, taking a bite of her own small breakfast.

"Don't we need more preperation, possibly some excessive practice before attempting this?!" I exclaimed. Devon nodded furiously, his face still red as he tried to clear his airway of food.

"There is so much on the line for this! Why do people even try to complete the Labrynth?!" Adam addded.

"At the end of the labrynth great wealth you shall find: silver and gold in beautiful mines; Here you shall acheive your inner desires: only sacrificing what the labrynth requires; answers to life and impossible questions: all shall now heed your every suggestion. Or maybe you wish for nothing more: only to prove some ancient folklore. Whatever you want, it is now yours. The Shadow Labrynth shall unock all doors." Tamara recited in an exasperated tone.

"No one has completed the quest, so no one knows if the promised wealth or answers are actually provided, but everyone strives for something. Some are just more brave and risky than others." Diana shrugged, but then remembered her hostile persona. She fixed us with a hard look. "So will you be one of those who attempt to complete the Shadow Labrynth?"

"Yes." Adam responded immediately. Devon glared at him, but said nothing to contradict the decision.

"Aaron went in, so we have to as well." I confirmed with a nonchalant shrug of my shoulders. "It's not much of a question."