Forgiven For Fighting

"You ready?" I asked, smirking. Adam nodded, solemn.

I unleashed a torrent of water filled with electricity on him. Adam rolled out of the way, sending his amazingly high towers of flames towards the attack. A week since the idiotic fight and this was all I was doing, school, training, sleep. Adam had learned a bit of fire, but wasn't as talented as Casey.

 I let the electricity stay in the steam but Adam stayed low.

"Smart move. But imagine if there was, say....a sneak attack?" I rushed ice at Adam and it hit him in the side of his stomach. Yeah, there was blood, but he learned quickly that I was hardcore when it came to training, and there would be blood and injuries. Only because I could heal him right up afterwards.

"I need to keep my guard up." He responded simply, yanking the shards out of his body and throwing them at me. With them covered in blood, I had to rethink my attack. Blood was never my strong point, so I didn't try and control it. It was more of a Soul and Storm thing, and I had abandoned my Soul powers with the hope of hearing out of my right ear again.

"Good. You know that talking will only be another distraction, a lesson for another day, and burns up more of your energy. So you reply shortly. And you use your own blood as my downfall because I can't control it. Very good." I ducked out of the way, melting the ice and letting the grass absorb it's water again. Later I'll make it green by using Earth powers.

Adam surrounded my body with flames. I remembered all the duels I had. The dome of fire was a popular and effective spell. I remembered Casey.

"I also know fire is a great weakness for you, because of your past experience. That's something you and Devon share." Adam called through the flames. A spark flew out and scalded me. I winced, trying to force down the flames. But nothing much happened.

"Powerful magic you have there." I said, giving up on that idea. Instead I condensed the water in the air, extinguishing the flames. Adam relaxed his hand as we circled each other.

"Fallon!" Devon yelled from the kitchen. I paid no attention to him, but Adam did. I took my chance and sprung for him, pinning my brother down and making electricity crackle through the air near him.

"I win." I grinned with Adam and let all my power end, staring out over the gray and brown lawn. Adam sighed.

"I know you can make it green again, but it feels so depressing with it so colorless. I'm going to go inside and take a shower. You don't have to heal me this time. I think it's only a skin wound." I nodded, focusing on making the grass absorb the water and grow.

"Fallon please talk to me!" Devon begged.

"It's useless. You acted like an idiot. Don't walk into the upstairs bathroom. I'm gonna use it." Adam said. I glared ahead of me, forcing out power. Grass shot up taller than the fence and I slumped in defeat.

"Fallon please?" Devon's voice was right by my ear, his breath touching my neck. I fought the shiver that yearned to run up and down my spine.

"Go away." I monotoned.

"We've got to go sometime!" He exclaimed.

"No." I didn't even look at him.

"Princess..." He sighed, standing in front of me. I looked to the ground, concentrating on making the dead grass grow normally and making the tall grass shorten. Devon tucked a rouge strand of hair behind my ear, gently tipping my chin up so I would have to look at him.

His eyes were so sad.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. I didn't respond, but turned away after Adam.

"Make sure to rinse the wound in cold water first! Or else you'll get iceburn!" I called after him. Guilt shot through me, but it was only partly my own. Most of the feeling was coming from Devon.

"Princess...:" He whimpered. I stopped short. I couldn't move, he sounded so desperate. I felt arms wrap around my waist and a chin settle on my shoulder. "Don't ignore me." He begged in the weakest of voices I'd ever heard.

Something wet and hot hit my neck. I whipped around, expecting to see blood. It was instinct after the rebellion.

Instead I was faced with Devon with his head slumped, a tear swelling at his chin. I couldn't see is eyes due to the hair falling around his face.

"If you're faking then I'll hate you forever." I growled, wrapping my arms around his neck and squeezing Prince Keller tightly. His arms found their way around my waist again, and he hugged me ten times tighter.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered, nestling his face into the crook of my neck.

"I can still see you from the window!" Adam sang from upstairs.

"You flip him the middle finger and your dead." I growled to Devon. He let go of me and stumbled back, a hand over his heart.

"I can't believe you would accuse such a thing! I am a prince, someone of upmost dignity. Never would I go so low as to 'flip' a disrespectful gesture to a young boy!" He exclaimed. I shook my head and passed Devon.

"Whatever you say Prince Keller. We leave tomorrow. Get that note ready." I said, entering the house.

"Ugghhh! Extra homework." I smiled slightly.

Good, I can't deal with someone else being gone.

}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>

"Honey knows our whereabouts, not Eli." Devon informed as we packed non-perishable food into backpacks and extra clothes into duffel bags.

"Eli's got anger issues. In sixth grade he was the troublemaker who didn't care, and now he's the delinquint that explodes because he does care." I muttered.

"I'm hurt by your words, I thought we were closer than that, Fallon." Eli said from the window. He was smiling, instead of smirking for once. "Honey broke up with me last night. That pretty much snapped me back to reality. I'm going back to the second dimension, just wanted to say my goodbyes. This place is just so boring, you know?" Eli leaned on the window. We had all stopped packing to listen. Eli grinned. "I was mourning, I guess, in my own way. I'm angry and upset. Someone took my friends from me. But I guess I shouldn'tve taken it out on the friends I had left."

"Hey." Adam said. Eli looked to my half-brother. "Say hi to our parents for us, will you?" Adam grinned. Eli smirked.

"Sure thing. Alright, bye guys." And just like that, he disappeared in a cloud of darkness.

"From the what- fourteen people?- who I faced the rebellion with, the only person left is you." I murmured, turning to Devon.

"How so?" He tipped his head to the side.

"Honey was never her friend; she doesn't really converse with Miranda anymore; Eli is not the same person who she faced the rebellion with; Lucas and Alex are gone and missing; Casey, Hannah, Claire, and Levi were killed; Danny, Jez, and Zac all went out to search for Lucas, and her friend Amanda betrayed her. You are the only one left of the fourteen." Adam answered for me. Devon smiled a little.

"Well. Once we find Alex, you'll have two of the fourteen people. And it will all be sort of like it was when we were little. Ecept Adam won't be a crying baby we play pranks on anymore." I grinned slightly.

"Yeah...sort of."