Chapter 12*

The sound of a pen clicking harshly filled the air. With every click, a memory would flash in Kingpin's head. Memories of his family, ones where he was celebrating the little moments with his wife and son. But what he especially remembered was his fight against Spider-Man. 

"You're dead, Spider-Man," he said, holding him by the neck as he drew back his fist, ready to punch him.

"Wilson! What are you doing?" a female's voice said.

Kingpin turned to the voice to see his wife and son standing at the doorway. His eyes widened. "Vanessa."

"Richard, come on," she said, covering her mouth in disbelief.

The two ran out. Kingpin let go of Spider-Man and started walking over to the doorway. "Vanessa! Richard! No!!"

The car swerved a little, the mansion they were leaving behind in the distance. "Don't look back, honey. It's okay, it's okay."

She was too busy trying to get her son to look away that she didn't see the car that was coming at them from the left. The sound of a horn honking loudly was the last thing they heard.

The pen Kingpin had been clicking suddenly broke. He glared slightly as tentacles attached to the glass railing of the balcony, revealing Doc Ock. She pushed her goggles up and placed her hands behind her back as she looked up at him. Kingpin's bodyguard suddenly brought out two pistols, directing their muzzles at her. Without even sparing a glance his way, one of her tentacles shot forward and grabbed him by the neck.

He grunted at the impact and was lifted off the ground, but he still kept them pointed in her direction. She sent him a glare before using her tentacles to hold her up to meet Kingpin's height. 

"I killed Spider-Man. Why did I just see two more?"

"There's four, actually", she said, holding up four fingers.

He narrowed his gaze, clearly not satisfied with the answer. "No, this is good. This is very, very good," Liv assured. "This means you get what you want. It means my collider works."

Kingpin kept his gaze on her, still angered beyond belief. "All we have to do is kill a couple of spiders. And the collider will bring your family back. As many families as you want."

He stayed silent before glancing at his bodyguard. He got the message and stopped pointing the muzzles at her. At this, she retracted her tentacle, letting him go. Kingpin and his bodyguard turned to leave. "Tomorrow. At my collider."

"Our collider."

Meanwhile, back on the Hudson Valley Bus...

M/n observed the override key in its broken state, twirling it around with his fingers. "So..." he said, turning back to Miles. "He broke this?"

"Yeah," Miles replied. "He's actually really embarrassed about it, so just keep it between us, okay?"

M/n chuckled and let Miles get away with trying to impress him. "Sure thing, Miles. Well, I know where we can make a new one."

"And we won't let him break it this time," Gwen put in.

It was silent for a few seconds before Miles spoke. "I'm... sorry about your friend."

"Thanks, Miles..."

She then looked away and began glancing out the window of the moving bus. Miles turned and laid his head on what he thought was the seat but ended up being M/n's shoulder. He instantly lifted his head and shot up in his seat.

"Oh...! Sorry," Miles said but was interrupted by a quiet laugh from M/n.

"It's fine. You're probably tired, right?" the (h/c)-ette said, his lips curving into a soft smile. "Go ahead."