Chapter 29*

(H/n) = Hero name

~~~~

"Hey! I'm home!" shouted S/n, a few grocery bags in her arms.

She did her best to close and lock the front door, stumbling her way toward the kitchen. There, a couple of M/n's friends were already making food. "Sorry, S/N," the brown-haired girl, Betty, said. "I told them to be considerate of the fact that this isn't their hou--"

"Ah, it's fine," she replied, setting the bags down on the counter. "We need a little liveliness around here."

"See? S/n wouldn't kick us out," M/n's friend, Lyn, said, lightly hitting her friend's shoulder.

"Are the rest here, or is it just you three?" S/N asked, referring to Betty, Lyn, and Isai.

"MJ and Micah are with M/n," Betty replied.

S/N headed over to M/n's room, opening the door. Inside, M/n was laying on his bed, his other two friends sitting by the window. "Guess who?"

"Go away," M/n responded with no hesitation.

"Is that seriously how you greet me?!"

"Hi, S/N," Micah greeted.

"Welcome back, S/N," MJ said.

"See? MJ gets it!" S/N exclaimed before turning her attention back to her brother. "So... How are you feeling?"

"Bad."

She walked closer and sat on his bed. "Did you take some medicine?"

"Yeah," he replied.

She pat his arm before motioning the other two to follow her. All three left M/n to himself so he could rest a little. "Thanks for helping with dinner, by the way."

"Of course!" Lyn replied.

S/N rolled up her sleeves and washed her hands. "Just tell me what to do and I'll help you kids out."

And so, the rest helped prepare dinner. Before they knew it, they had finished up with everything. The stove had pots and pans filled with food. "Micah, set the table, would ya?" Lyn said, grabbing a stack of plates from the cabinet.

S/N left it to them, heading to M/n's room to wake him up. "M/n, dinner's ready," she said. "Your friends helped out."

It was quiet for a few seconds before M/n slowly got up, careful not to mess with his wound. S/N helped him up, offering him her shoulder to support himself as she led him toward the kitchen. The rest already had the table set and plates filled with food. 

Once the (h/c)-haired boy was sitting down, they gave their thanks and began to eat. M/n, on the other hand, wasn't really feeling up to eating at the moment. He only ate a small portion of the food he'd been served.

"Oh, hey," Lyn said, deciding to bring something up to get rid of the silence. "Have you guys heard what they've been saying on the news?"

"No," Micah responded, grabbing his glass of water. "What?"

"S/N, mind if we turn on the TV?"

S/N shrugged. Lyn quickly got up and walked over to the living room, turning the TV on. She changed the channel to the news. Sure enough, very interesting news was being broadcast.

"Today marks a month since the last known sighting of (H/n), the biggest gap in sightings since their emergence. With their absence, crimes have begun increasing in many areas of New York."

The news then showed clips of interviews with police officers and local residents. "The NYPD is doing its best to catch up. Rest assured, we'll come to aid as soon as possible."