Chapter 3*

Miles' POV

"Hey. Good morning. How you doin'?" I said, attempting to socialize with my new peers.

But they only ignored my words."Oh, my gosh. This is-- This is embarrassing. We wore the same jacket?"

The guy only looked at me weirdly before ignoring me again. "Hey," said a girl as she tapped my shoulder.

"Yeah?" I turned to her, expecting her to greet me in return. 

But instead, all I got was, "Your shoe's untied."

"Yeah, I'm aware..." I replied, disappointed by the lack of responses to my attempts to socialize. "It's a choice."

I turned and started walking off. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a pretty tall guy with h/c hair. He was wearing a f/c hoodie under his blazer with his earbuds in as he walked down the hall, his hands in his pockets. His bag strap hung from one of his shoulders while the other dangled in the air. For some reason, he caught my attention the most out of everyone I've seen so far. Shaking my thoughts away, I continued on my way.

--

"-- theory is that all matter is composed of at least three fundamental qualities--"

"-- Who can solve this for xy--?"

"--And that is known as a syllogism--"

"--Read two chapters of Great Expectations--"

"--A take-home quiz on volumetric--"

"Pressure."

"--Five-page essay with your conclusions--"

"Stress."

It was like the school bell was ringing heavily in my head. All throughout the day, I rushed from place to place, books in stacks in my arms, constantly making stops at my locker. In just one day, my list of homework reached the floor.

I quietly opened the door to my last class. Everyone turned to look at me as I entered. "--countless other possibilities. There could be a universe where I'm wearing red, or wearing leather pants--"

I tried to make my way to an empty seat until I was stopped by the teacher. "Mr. Morales. Moving in the dark. You're late again."

"Einstein said time was relative, right?", I started, standing up straight in front of the projector. "Maybe, I'm not late. Maybe, you're early."

It was silent until a girl chuckled slightly. "Sorry. It was just-- So quiet."

The teacher sighed. "Would you like to keep standing there or... do you want to sit down?"

Quickly, I made my way to my seat as the video playing at the front resumed, sitting at a desk between the girl who laughed and the guy I saw earlier. "Our universe is, in fact, one of many parallel universes happening at the exact same time. Thanks to everyone here at the Fisk Family Foundation--"

"I liked your joke..." the girl beside me whispered to me.

"Really...?"

"I mean, it wasn't funny. That's why I laughed. But, it was...smart. So, I liked it."

"I don't think I-- I've seen you before--" I said, but was interrupted by the teacher.

"Shhh..."

"Every choice that we make would create countless other possibilities. A what-if to infinity--"

M/n's POV

Damn...So, this explains why I'm in New York. But just...not the New York I know. Another universe, huh? And it's not just that.