Chapter 28*

(D/L/n) = Different Last Name

~~~~

There he was in all his glory. Not quite the same person, as there were visible differences. Yet, the air around him seemed almost identical. If it wasn't for the different colored hair, the single piercing, and the long bangs, they might have just been twins. But regardless of the undeniable similarities, Miles didn't feel the same attraction as with M/N. 

There were no real feelings there except for shock and disappointment. Shock because he wasn't expecting any of what was happening to be happening. The disappointment he felt was because it wasn't who he had hoped it would be when he'd heard the name. That hope, which was set ablaze when their promise was made, was slowly losing its glow with each passing day.

Even if he had hope, when thinking about it logically, M/n's return seemed almost impossible. Every night, he thought back to that day in which they were forcefully separated. Though there were times he wished he would have convinced M/n to stay, he knew what the consequence of that action would have been. In both scenarios, he would lose him.

But, he was at least content knowing the (h/c)-ette was out there somewhere. Perhaps he was also thinking about him. Regardless of the seemingly short amount of time together, Miles always felt as though they had known each other long before that. Maybe... it was his imagination? He wasn't quite sure about that.

M/n turned to look at Miles, a gentle smile on his face. Miles only smiled back, watching as the (h/c)-ette turned his attention back to the students in front of him. 

"M/n, why don't you take your seat over there?" the teacher motioned.

M/n nodded and headed to the seat in which he was directed. Once sitting down, the teacher began the lesson for the day. However, Miles was no longer engaged in it. His mind was wandering elsewhere. He could hear a few students behind him whispering. He slowly turned his head back, seeing one student asking M/n if they would like to read off of their textbook. 

He watched as the e/c-eyed male nodded and slid his seat a little closer to them, looking down at the textbook. Miles turned back around just as M/n had lifted his head. He sighed to himself, feeling down.

The rest of class went by, Miles having barely heard a word the teacher had said. By now, he was in his own little world, not paying much attention to his surroundings. M/n, who had come over to introduce himself, was completely ignored as Miles walked by him. 

The (h/c)-ette was taken by surprise at that and looked back only to see Miles slumping his shoulders and sighing. The boy seemed down, that much M/n could tell. He walked over to him, deciding to try again.

"Hey," M/n said, only to be ignored once more.

He then reached out and tapped Miles' shoulder, snapping him out of his thoughts. Miles turned around, surprised to see M/n standing there with a friendly smile.

"Sorry... You probably want to be left alone. But, I couldn't help but notice that you looked really sad. Is... everything alright?" he asked, concern swimming in his eyes.

Miles was speechless. He didn't know what to say. M/n took his silence as a sign that perhaps he wanted to be left alone.

"I'm sorry, it's none of my business--"

"Umm!"

"Hmm?"

Miles composed himself and extended his hand out. "Nice to meet you. My name is Miles Morales."

M/n's surprise left him and a smile tugged at his lips. He returned the handshake. "And I'm M/n 
(D/L/n). Nice to meet you, Miles."