Chapter 5*

The sun shone brightly, its rays hitting my face. I got up and pulled my uniform pants on. But... It was then that I noticed that they there smaller than when I wore them yesterday. 

That's weird. My pants shrank. 

I gasped. "I think I hit puberty...!"

My roommate stopped typing for a few seconds before going back to it.

I could not believe I had just said such a thing out loud. And in front of my roommate, who I don't even know that well! 

I should've kept that to myself. 

As I walked to my first class, I kept trying to fix my pants, rolling up the bottom as neatly as I could. 

I gotta get new pants. Wait... Why is the voice in my head... so loud?

I looked around me in confusion. But before I knew it, I had bumped into someone. I turned my head, my gaze meeting a pair of e/c eyes. Beside him was the girl I talked to yesterday. 

"M-M/n! H-Hey, man! What's up?"

He raised an eyebrow, observing me carefully. "Are you okay?"

"What?" I said, wiping away the drops of sweat on my face, only for more to drip down.

Why am I so sweaty?

"Why are you... so sweaty?" He asked, seemingly concerned about my weird behavior.

"It's a puberty thing."

"What?"

My eyes widened, realizing what I just said to the guy I may have started having feelings for. "I don't know why I said that. I'm not going through puberty. I did. But I'm...done. I'm...a man", I said, saying the last part in a deep voice. 

"Okay... then," he responded, dragging out the 'okay'. 

"So, uh, what are you up to?" I asked, trying to switch up the conversation to make it less awkward. 

"Going to class," he replied, obviousness in his tone. 

"Oh. Right." I said, feeling my nervousness skyrocket and my heart beating wildly in embarrassment until I saw he was wearing earbuds again. "Uh, so... What are you listening to?"

"F/s. By At/n."

"Oh! Y-Yeah... That's a good one."

Not wanting the girl to feel like I was ignoring her, I turned to her and spoke. "I-I didn't catch your name."

"I'm Gwe--aaaaaaaaanda?" she said, dragging out the 'a'. 

"Wait. Your name is Gwanda?"

"Yes. It's African. I'm...South African. No...accent though cuz I was raised here."

"Gwanda?"

M/n glanced to the side, raising his eyebrow once again in question. I looked at M/n's shoulder.

"Yes," the girl responded.

"Interesting."

My focus was completely taken off of the conversation as I continued looking at M/n's shoulder nervously.

I gotta do the shoulder touch now before he walks away...! Wait... No! That'd be awkward! He'll think I'm weird! 

"Are you two friends or something?" she asked, directing the question more towards M/n. 

I didn't hear his answer to her question because my heart was pounding in my chest so loudly. I rose my hand slowly towards him.

Why is this so scary? Am I doing this in slow motion or does it just feel that way?