c h a p t e r • 44

-I bow to no asshole-

Lili's POV

"Are you ready?" Ryder asks as we wait in his car.

"No but time waits for no one so lets get this over with." I say, giving myself a little boost of confidence.

"I'll be next to your table the whole time." He says and I nod.

"I'll go in first." I say and he nods hesitantly.

I leave his car and walk into the cafe.

The unknown asshole says that the person I'll be meeting is wearing a blue sweatshirt.

Not specific but I can live with it.

I saw a guy in a blue sweatshirt sitting alone in a booth by the window. His back was facing me.

I can't help but feel like he seems familiar, though I can't pinpoint where exactly I know him from.

I shook my head and walked closer to him.

"Excuse me." I say, touching his shoulder.

He turns around slowly.

When I saw his face, I gasped and stumbled back slightly.

"Liliana." He says, breathlessly.

"Caleb." I gulp.

"Please. Sit down. I can explain." He says.

I bit my lip and saw Ryder coming through the entrance.

We made eye contact for a while before I sat from across of my so called dead boyfriend.

"Explain, then." I say, crossing my legs like the bad bitch I am.

"How are you?" He asks, softly.

"It doesn't matter. You, explain." I demanded.

I bow to no asshole.

"Right. So, I think you know but I got in trouble with a gang." He says.

"I know and they want to kidnap me thanks to you, but what trouble exactly." I ask.

"I lost a bet and I placed the bet on you. I'm so sorry, Lili. I really thought I would win. So, the gang faked my death and told me to run far away where no one would know me and they won't hurt me or you." He says, my fists and jaw clenching at his words.

Who does this bitch thinks he is?! Placing a bet on me!

"Excuse me? So, why are they still after me?" I ask.

"Because they lied. They said if I came back they would kill my family and I. I'm sorry, I had no choice." He says, guiltily.

I looked at Ryder who was staring at us.

'Kick his balls.' He mouthed to me.

I shook my head at him.

I want to but I don't want to cause a scene.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"It's o-" I cut him off.

"For not realising how much of a fool you were back then." I say, splashing the glass of water on his face.

I don't know who's water that is and neither do I care.

"I guess I deserved that." He mutters. "But you have to believe me when I say I really did love you with all my heart."

"I thought you did and now you love someone else don't you?" I say, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You know?" He asks and I nod. "It just happened I guess."

"How are you gonna get me out of this situation?" I glared at him.

I made eye contact with Ryder again and ushered him here.

He stands up and sits next to me with an intimidating face towards Caleb.

"Whoa, who are you?" He asks.

"My giraffe. Continue explaining how you're getting me out of this situation, would you?" I say.

"Right...I can't exactly help you." He mutters.

"What do you mean you can't help her?" Ryder glares at him.

"I mean, I can't do anything. The only way to get out of the deal is to agree to another deal or something like that." He glares back.

A new deal to replace an old one?

I glanced at Ryder who was having a glaring competition with Caleb.

"I'm really sorry. I never meant for anything like this to happen." He says regretfully.

"What was the bet about anyway?" I ask.

"It was illegal racing." He mutters.

I scoff with amusement.

He lost. Hah!

"Do you think you could make an agreement with them?" I ask Ryder.

"We'll have to see, they are really hard to persuade and big time assholes." He says.

"It was nice meeting you again, Liliana. It really is but I have to go or I will miss my flight." He says, softly.

"It was nice seeing you alive and not drowning in a tub of your own blood, too." I say.

"I really wish we reunited in different circumstances. No matter what, I know you will always have a special spot in my heart." He smiles, holding out his hand.

I shook his hand and nodded, too scared to say something.

You will always have a special spot in mine, too whether I like it or not.

He gets up and leave but not before waving bye at me and when he left the shop he didn't turn back. It just wasn't Caleb.

"So, that's Caleb." He says and I nod. "Do you want to eat?"

I shook my head. "I'm not hungry."

"Okay, then. Let's go." He says, holding my hand.

As we walked out, I made circling patterns on the back of his hand to which he would squeeze mine.

We got in his car and I sighed.

"Come here." He says pulling me to sit on his lap.

I hugged my knees as he hugged me.

"You can cry, now." He says, kissing my hair and caressing the back of my head.

I gulped and let my walls break down in front of him.

Tears streamed down my face as I sobbed loudly.

Ryder would wipe my tears away with his thumb but he gave me the calming silence I needed.

He will always have a special spot in my heart. For goodness sake, I cried for three months and I didn't leave my room for more than a week , grieveing him, wishing I could see him one more time and it finally came true but...what we had disappeared.

"I'm okay now." I say, recovering from my breakdown.

"Are you sure? I can wait." He says but I shook my head.

"No, let's go." I say making my way back to the passenger seat.

I rub my eyes and put on my seatbelt.

"Thanks." I say.

He stares at me for a while before nodding and start driving.

-•-

A/n: just a filler because it seemed right hehe

Love you guys!❤️