c h a p t e r • 32

-Who's Anna?-

Lili's PoV

That night, Ryder drove me home while we talked and laughed during the ride back. I was genuinely happy and I forgot all my worries.

Now, it's a Saturday and I don't have any plans for the day.

My phone started ringing and I pick it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey, Shortcake." His voice rings in my head.

I sigh.

"Hi. What do I owe the pleasure of you calling me?" I ask.

"Hurry and get ready. I'm outside." He says.

"W-what? Why are you..." I trail off and look out my balcony.

Needless to say, he was leaning on his car looking sexy, with his phone on his ear.

"Where are we going?" I ask as I started throwing on whatever I see in my closet.

"Breakfast." He says.

I smile to myself and my heart warms a little, knowing he actually cares.

"Dumbass." I say, trying to hide my feelings. "I'll see you downstairs."

I hang up and put the clothes on before checking myself in the mirror.

I am wearing a black sweatshirt and black ripped jeans. I put on a pair of sunglasses just for the fun of it. My hair is just left in messy waves which I tried to comb through with my fingers so...I mean, I tried?

I grab my stuff and hopped down the stairs.

Kyle was probably knocked out in someone's house from partying all night long last night so I left a note on the fridge saying I'm going out for breakfast.

I walk out the front door and lock it before turning around to see Giraffie smiling a little.

"Hello Mr. Giraffe." I say, playfully.

"Shortcake." He nods and gets into the drivers seat.

I get into the passengers seat and look at Ryder.

"So, where are we having breakfast?" I ask.

"You'll see." He says.

We drove just talking to each other and getting to know each other more.

I gotta admit, I was warming up to him even more by the second.

"You still smoke?" I ask.

He shakes his head, focusing on the road.

I narrow my eyes at him.

I open the compartment in front of me and found a box of cigarettes.

"Seriously?" I say holding it up.

"I didn't know that was there." He lies.

"I'm not so sorry about this." I say and before he could respond I threw the box out the window.

He gapes at me in shock but immediately shake it off.

"There." I say and shrug off the nonexistent dirt on my hands.

He clears his throat and parks the car.

"We're here." He says.

"Nice place." I comment as we get out of the car.

It was a quiet and peaceful cafè.

We walk through the doors making a bell ring and sit at the window table.

"Hello, what can I get you two today?" A nice lady asks, handing us the menu.

I'll look through it until I finally find something I like.

"I'll have the double decker french toast with scrambled eggs and hotdogs, along with two slices of chicken sandwiches. I'll also have orange juice, thank you." I say.

Ryder looks at me surprised.

I smile at him and I swear his cheeks were a little pink for a second.

"I'll have the same, without the chicken sandwich and I'll have iced black coffee." He says, clearing his throat.

I stifle a giggle at how adorable he looks now.

Woah, woah, woah...what the hell did I just think?

The waitress nods at writes down the orders before telling us that our order will be ready soon and leave.

He looks at me with a questioning look.

"I can't eat all of that if my mind is occupied. So, feel free to distract me from the thousands of calories I'll be consuming." I explain and he nods in understanding.

"Okay, then. Let's play 40 questions." He says and I snort.

"40?" I ask amused.

"Yup. To keep us busy, somehow." He says.

"Okay, then. You start." I say.

"This is going to sound cliché...favourite colour?" He asks, nervously.

Aww, the bad boy is nervous.

"I don't have a favourite colour but I like pastel colours." I say and he nods.

"Your turn." He says.

"What's your favourite colour?" I ask.

"Grey." He says.

Surprise, surprise.

"Favourite food?" He asks.

I think for a while.

"I love almost everything but I'm gonna have to go with french toasts and...pepperoni pizza?" I say.

"Classic." He says.

"My turn." I say. "Most embarrassing memory."

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"I was 10 years old at the time and well, Anna thought it would be a good idea to redecorate my room with a princess theme. She was dressed in a pink fluffy princess gown and had set a tea party with the rest of her fluffy animal friends in my room which was a blinding pink colour. I had no idea what she planned and I brought some friends over after school that day. When I walked through the door with my friends, I was somehow covered in glue and pink feathers. I was frozen and she yelled 'tea party!' at my friends and I. My friends which were the guys, laughed so hard but stuck with me and still played tea party with my sister who I was busy glaring at. They didn't fail to tease me for the rest of the week." He chuckles at the memory.

By the time he was done with his story, I was laughing as I imagined Ryder covered with pink feathers in a frozen state.

"That's...that's insane..." I say in between laughters.

And this guy actually smiled.

I recovered from my laughing fit and decided to let him ask his question before I ask mine which I was itching to ask.

"First kiss." He asks.

I smiled.

"It was with...a little boy when I was at a carnival. He had helped me win a purple cat and asked for a kiss in return. We were like...5 at the time." I winced at the memory.

"Sounds familiar...anyways, your turn." He nods at me.

"Who's Anna?" I ask.

His body stiffens almost immediately.

I probably shouldn't have asked him.

"She was my...twin sister." He says, hesitantly.

Well, shit just got real.

-•-

A/n: Oops! I did it again. Sorry for the late update and cliffhanger. Wow, I really am a mean soul. But I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Love you guys!!!❤️