c h a p t e r • 34

-Stop overthinking. Don't worry about them. And put on that hoodie.-

Lili's POV

I glared at the seat in front of me when the stupid kid behind me kicked my seat for the 57th time.

Yes, I counted.

I'm just casually waiting for his mother to go to the washroom or something so I can teach that stupid kid a lesson.

Kyle was peacefully sitting next to me and the guys in front of me were playing a game or something.

Ryder...I don't even know honestly. His eyes are closed and his arms are crossed but he looks tense and he doesn't look like he's asleep.

The kid kicks my seat again for the 58th time now.

My left eye twitches slightly.

I let out a frustrated sigh and decide to go to the washroom.

I took off my hoodie so it wouldn't get wet in the washroom.

I got up and managed to squeeze my fat ass through Ryder and the seat in front.

"I'm going to the washroom." I mutter.

He grunts in response.

So he is alive. I thought he was dead for a second.

I strut down the aisle in my platform high-heel ankle boots confidently when I felt a few people staring at me. I ignored it but it made me feel really uneasy.

I went in the washroom and do my business before going out and I saw a buff man staring at me intimidatingly and to be honest it was scary but I didn't show that. I pretended to ignore him but then I saw his wrist...Crushed Skulls.

As I was walking back to my seat, I saw another man about the same size as the one before pointing at with another guy and they both had the same tattoo.

I kept my cool and sat back on my seat.

Don't worry. It's nothing. You're being paranoid.

But what if I'm not?

What if they're here to kill me or kidnap me?

What if they succeed?

What if I die?

What if-

Stop thinking you bitch.

Right. Don't think. Just don't think.

I glanced at Ryder and saw him looking at the same men I was overthinking about.

It's nothing.

"Ryder..." I say, quietly.

He turns to me.

"Hmm?" He raises and eyebrow.

"Those men...they are in the gang, Crushed Skulls, right?" I ask, softly and whispering so only he heard.

He stares at me for a moment before nodding.

They are probably just going to visit their lonely grandmother who has a dozen cats in New York.

I mean, they look like granny boys.

Right?

"Stop overthinking. Don't worry about them." He says. "And put on that hoodie."

"I was going to anyway." I say, putting on the hoodie. "Just so you know, I'm not doing this because you told me to."