c h a p t e r • 5

-That's my seat-

Lili's POV

I walk into literature class and sit in the back of the class, next to the window, under the a/c.

I cross my legs on the chair and bury my face in my arms on the table.

A few minutes pass by and the class begins to be filled with student and noise.

I hear footsteps walk to the table I'm at, where I'm burying my face but I ignore them.

"That's my seat." The voice which I recognise as Mr, Giraffe's voice says.

"Good for you." I mumble with my face still buried.

I hear his footsteps walk to the other side of the table and the chair metal scraping on the floor, making an irritating noise.

Ugh, great, now there's a giraffe in a leather jacket sitting next to me.

"Okay, class, today is pop quiz day!" The teacher says and I lift my head up and start paying attention.

I hate pop quizzes.

The teacher hands out the paper and lets us start.

This is easy.

I tap my pencil on the desk while thinking.

"Stop doing that." Mr. Giraffe says through gritted teeth.

"You mean this?" I say innocently, tapping the desk even faster and louder.

"You better stop, that." He warns.

"I'd rather not." I say shrugging.

He snatches the pencil from my hand and I glare at him.

"Give it back." I say. I hate loosing my stuff. Especially, if a fucking giraffe stole it from me.

"Oh, you mean this?" He asks innocently, repeating what I said earlier.

I glanced at his paper.

"Why'd you draw a giraffe on your paper?" I blurt out.

I caught him off guard and snatched the pencil back from him.

"You know-"

"Ms. Liliana Ava and Mr. Ryder Blacc. Is there something bothering you two?" Miss Jessica asks. In case you're wondering, why didn't she say my last name and not Ms. Liliana Ava De Ville? Well, my parents told them not to because I didn't want people to know. And 'cause it's really long I guess.

"Yes. Praise the Lord, this Giraffe tried copying my answers and I told him to stop but he wouldn't and he even threatened to punch me if I didn't let him." I faked a pout and pretended to look scared of him.

"I did not! She was being irritating- actually, she wanted to have a little meeting with me after class and wouldn't take no for an answer." He smirked.

That, snake with a giraffe's body.

"But- that's not what happened!" I defended.

"No need to cover it up babe." He smirks.

"Don't babe me, jerk." I hissed.

"Whatever you say, babe." He mocks me and I growl.

"Both of you! Enough! Detention after school! If both of you aren't there, detention for a month." Miss Jessica says and we glare at each other with our mouth shut.

"Giraffe." I mumble.

"Shortcake." He mumbles and we glare at each other again.

That was how it went for the whole class.

Don't Mess With HerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara