c h a p t e r • 9

-hold hands-

Lili's PoV

A shiny black Mercedes was on my porch. It had tinted windows so I couldn't see who was inside.

I decided to ignore it and walk towards my queen.

I hop on after putting on my helmet.

I sped down the road with the wind in my hair.

Same old routine.

"Hey, Sam. Hey, Nat." I say organising my locker a little.

"What's up with you and Ryder?" Sam and Nat grins like the Cheshire Cat.

"Nothing. He's just annoying and grumpy. Like I said before." I say rolling my eyes.

"I feel a ship sailing..." Nat mumbles in a sing song tone.

"No, no, no and no. Don't even start." I say in a warning tone.

"I can already see you walking down the aisle to him." Sam says dreamily.

"If you mean running down the ice cream aisle and kicking him in his balls for taking the last chocolate ice cream then, yeah, I can imagine that too." I say.

I could tell they were imagining it because they both winced a little.

"Also, what's up with your hair?" Nat asks.

"The devil himself threw a bucket of hot pink paint all over me, yesterday and I couldn't get all of it off my hair." I sigh.

"Awww." They aww me. Me! They freaking just said aww.

Who does that?! Hot pink got spilled-poured all over me and they say aww!

I groan and shut my locker.

"I'm gonna head to class." I say when the bell rings.

"Okay, future wife of Ryder Blacc." Sam grins.

I groan even more.

"Stupid, Giraffe." I kick a piece of trash on the floor pretending it's Ryder.

Everyone were rushing around to get to class and some dumbass pushed me out of the way making me stumble and trip over.

I yelped as I wait for the floor to come in contact with my face.

But it didn't.

I just realised that a hand was holding my wrist and I look behind me to see James.

"James Bond!" I exclaim.

"Sassy Kitty!" He exclaims and we hug each other like we've been besties for a long time.

We part and walk side by side. The halls were quite empty except for the few kids around.

"So what's your first subject?" He asks.

"Bio." I say.

"Yay! First period twins!" He squeals.

I laugh a little at him.

-•-

The rest of the week went by pretty uneventful except for the times when Mr. Giraffe and I would glare at each other.

So now I was in my room, with the curtains shut and aircond blasting, cuddled in my blanket and popcorn in my hands, having a PLL marathon.

"Run, Spencer! Run! Don't let her trap you!"

"Dear mother of Strawberries, what in the world?! I wouldn't be surprised if the garbage truck workers comes in your room and quits." My mum says shutting my laptop closed.

"Mom..." I whined.

"Don't 'mom' me. Clean your room or sleep in the bathroom." She says picking up my stuff from the floor.

"You're already cleaning for me." I exclaim.

"Get your butt off that bed and clean this pigsty you call your room." She says and walks out the door with my laundry.

I groan and start tidying up my room.

I turn-blast my speaker to keep the atmosphere fun and act like I wanted to clean my room.

After I was done, my stomach and I had come to an agreement that we were hungry.

So, I decided to go to Target. I walk to Kyle's room to ask him if he wants anything ('cause I'm an amazing sister).

"Hey, Kyle. I'm going out. Do you want me to get you anything?" I say.

Kyle and Ryder were playing COD.

"Pizza and so-fuck-soda-bitch watch out-chips is also good. Thanks-fuck!" I rolled my eyes at their behaviour.

I closed the door and went down the stairs with shorts and a white shirt.

"Mom, I'm going to Target! Do you need anything?" I ask.

"Not really. Be safe, honey." She says and I walk out the door after saying 'okay'.

I use one of the cars in the garage and drive out.

"We're going on a trip on our favourite little ship-" I hum the little Einstein song. "Hmmm hmhm Little Ein-"

"Sissy?" A voice says from the back seat.

I scream and drifted off the road a little.

"Oggy? What the he-ham are you doing there?!" I say.

"Kylie and Rydie was being noisy, so Trent and I decided to play in the cars." Oggy says pausing. "You can come out now." He whispers.

"Hi." He says sheepishly.

"Hey, Trent." I say, smiling, keeping my eyes on the road.

"So, where are we going?" Oggy asks.

"Target." I say driving to the left. The target sign can be seen from here now.

"Yay! Target!" They say and I chuckle.

I park the car and get out. The kids get out the car and I lock it.

"Hold hands." I say. Oggy went to my right and Trent went to my left.

I held their hands in mine as we walk into Target.

Is this how moms feel like?

We walk in the entry and the first thing the both of them say is, "Ice cream!".

They ran towards the ice cream aisle, pulling me with them. These kids are strong.

-•-

After about an hour, we were paying for the food and I was exhausted.

These kids were still jumping around and putting in other stuff in the cart last minute.

Hell, there was even a kiddie pool in the cart.

I am never bringing kids to Target ever again.

We put the stuff into the car and luckily, they were kind enough to help me. Though most of the bags were too heavy or big for them. They still helped.

I patted their heads and wondered how this sweet little boy happens to be the brother of a devil.

We drove back home while singing a bunch of children songs and stopped by the pizzeria.

I bet I looked like a mom.

We walk in and the kids yell 'pizza!'.

I hear footsteps run down the stairs which means they really are hungry because the stairs are a bit far from the kitchen.

Turns out those footsteps were Kyle and dad's footsteps. Mr. Giraffe emerged from behind them a few seconds later.

-•-