c h a p t e r • 45

-"Don't leave me hanging, now."-

Lili's POV

"Where are my heels?! Ugh!" Nat says, searching for her bag.

We were getting ready for homecoming and we're running late so we're rushing.

I was already dressed in my dress which is black like my soul.

My hair is in a half ponytail with some of my front hair framing my face

We already got our make up and hair done earlier and now we're just doing the finishing touches.

"Okay, I think we're ready." I say, steadying my breathing as we checked out ourselves in the mirror.

Sam and Nat nods in approval. (A/n: I swear that was unintentional and I never realised until now.)

"Okay, then. Let's go. The boys have been waiting for a while now." Nat says.

"I'll go first, then you guys can decide who comes down last." I say.

I was really excited to meet Ryder and decided to skip the whole last to walk down the stairs clichè shit.

They all nod yes and I wave at them before making my way downstairs.

I stood at the top of the pretty stairs and saw Ryder waiting but he didn't notice my presence.

I roll my eyes and cleared my throat:

He averted his attention to me making me smile in satisfaction.

I bit my lip to avoid grinning like a maniac and walked down the stairs carefully.

I reach the bottom of the stairs as Ryder came and took my hand in his.

I smiled breathlessly as he looked down at me in adoration.

We stared at each other before someone interrupted us.

We looked and my parents. My mom, grinning and my dad refusing a smile which he tried to look intimidating.

"My baby is so grown up." She says reaching out to hug me.

"Mom." I whined.

"Let me take a picture of you two." She says taking out her phone and taking pictures of us.

The other two hoes came down gracefully and went to their dates.

After taking a hell ton of pictures, we left with a limo.

When we arrived, everyone was already here proving how late we were.

Atleast I get to say we're fashionably late.

-•-

Ryder and I watched the couples slow dance to the music which was a little more...relaxing than before. Needless to say, the DJ is a real party man.